New to this site

Options
Hi! I am a newbie to this site...I have done a couple others over the last couple years, but I like that I can track exercise and nutrition easily and there's a lot of stuff in the databases that I don't have to keep adding stuff!

I have already made changes to my eating habits and the best thing I've done so far is stock my house with healthy low-fat foods and snacks so that I'm not constantly tempted. That's hard when you're raising 4 teenagers like I am and on the road 4 days a week, plus on-call time. I have learned that I have to plan ahead, sometimes even the night before, so that I make healthy choices during the work-day.

I still have to make myself exercise, but it's getting easier and a lot of times, I'm going by myself, but I know that I am doing this for ME and no one else, so walking/jogging by myself is not bad, it's good ME time with MY music instead of the "stuff" the 15 and 16yr olds listen to in my house/car. A friend of mine just joined too and we are both doing "Couch to 5K" to get up and running.
~Flyinmax

Replies

• Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome...you are definitely in the right place with an abundance of support. Planning meals ahead is a plus.

B
  • shari66
    shari66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new too. Good Luck.
    Shari:smile: