does it matter what time of day i eat my calories?

Options
I find myself not really having so much time for lunch so i usually do breakfast snack and dinner. My dinner is quite large cuz I have a ton of calories left...does it matter what time of day I'm eating or how my meals r spaced?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    No.

Do what works for you to get plenty of healthy foods in your body.
  • JElizabethJB
    Options
    To help me lose more I do my best not to eat three hours before I go to bed. If you eat later than that your body isn't fully digesting everythign and it will go into storage and most likely turn to fat. Not Always, but more likely. I make it my goal to consume most of 65-75% of my calories for Lunch and breakfast. Think of it like this
    Breakfast you should eat like a King
    Lunch you should eat like a Prince
    Dinner like a poor man.
    The "worst" foods should be eaten earlier so they are the ones that get burned first.

I hope this helps
    ~E
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No. Meal timing/frequency is a personal preference.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    To help me lose more I do my best not to eat three hours before I go to bed. If you eat later than that your body isn't fully digesting everythign and it will go into storage and most likely turn to fat. Not Always, but more likely. I make it my goal to consume most of 65-75% of my calories for Lunch and breakfast. Think of it like this
    Dinner like a poor man.
    The "worst" foods should be eaten earlier so they are the ones that get burned first.

I hope this helps
    ~E

None of that is true
  • littleraab
    littleraab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism is highest early in the day. Eating a lot right before you go to bed is not the best, because you don't digest the food as well and your body is not burning a lot of calories while you sleep. This means that your body is going to store more of the food as opposed to turning it straight into energy. Fruits and veggies aren't going to hurt you much, but carb loading right before bed isn't going to go well.
  • littleraab
    littleraab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dinner like a poor man.

I hope this helps
    ~E

None of that is true

Actually, it is true. Learned it in my nutrition class in college from a professor who is a leader in the field.
  • JElizabethJB
    Options
    Dinner like a poor man.

I hope this helps
    ~E

None of that is true

I said it helps for ME. I didn't say it was an absolute truth. Just trying to help here. Don't be rude Please.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Dinner like a poor man.

I hope this helps
    ~E

None of that is true

There is one partial truth...if you o to bed directly after a big meal, it will not be fully digested and you might get indigestion.

I believe that is where the king, queen, pauper thing comes. Over in Europe, where they have those things, or at least did, they tend to have a very late evening meal.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I believe it does matter greatly. Also combining certain items for greater energy throughout the day.

I don't think it's personal preference at all. It does matter- but most people here all count calories the same which isn't true either.

If you are interested in learning about nutrition timing check out the myvega. Website. He sells products but shows how you don't need them. Ignore the vegan thing and look at the macros and timing when it comes to working out.

Also many celebrities when training for a role are told no starch after 5 pm- so many nutritionists are in the same boat here.