Starting this journey again...

Options
Momf3boys
Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
I'm battling the bulge again. In 2006 I decided enough was enough and I began my first weight loss journey. I lost 130 pounds...going from a size 22 to a size 8. After maintaining for over a year I actually had plastic surgery to remove excess skin. I had that surgery in 2009. I was the healthiest I have ever been in my life. On December 7, 2010, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy, followed by 6 1/2 weeks of radiation therapy. The surgery and treatment kept me away from exercising so I gained approximately 20 pounds. Much to my surprise, in September 2011, six months after completing radiation, I learned I was pregnant. Well...needless to say it was a very stressful pregnancy, to include a cancer scare. On May 15, 2012, I delivered my third son...a happy, healthy 8 lb. beauty. So...I went a little crazy during pregnancy and gained 65 pounds. I'm now struggling to get this weight off... I'm determined and ready to get back into my size 8s!!!

Replies

• feefee9
    feefee9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you...hang in there....it sounds as if the first step is the hardest...I know it was for me...
  • Desyreeolvera
    Desyreeolvera Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thats an amazing story! I hope you get back into those 8's:)
    Good luck!!
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    After the battles you've already won, the weight loss (I predict) will be a piece of cake comparitively (no pun intended, honest!). You are obviously incredibly strong, focused and as a mom also highly motivated. This community is here to help. Keep us all posted on your progress!
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I know that I will come to these message boards for encouragement and support...I wish EVERYONE much, much success...we CAN do this ! :happy:
  • rmkeech1
    rmkeech1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I agree that after what you've been through you'll have success again! I'm getting back on the wagon myself after having lost about 80 pounds in about a year then regaining 30 when I slacked off. I've realized that I need to focus more on the lifestyle changes and slow loss more than the quick rewards.

We can do it!
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    We sure can...motivation and determination...along with support and encouragement :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to your life long battle...you know how to do it one day at a time, one meal at a time, and one minute at a time. Got your boxing gloves on, right?
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I do my absolute best to encourage and support my friends on here. For the record, I am really RANDOM, and do not always post about health/fitness. Even though health and fitness are two of my passions!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! There is a lot of information and knowledge on this website. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    What a success story you already are, in so many ways! So very inspirational! I am sure you will face (and conquer!) this obstacle as well as you have your previous trials! Much admiration! :flowerforyou: