Shedding for the Wedding

Options

Replies

• bluejaiye20
    bluejaiye20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm losing weight for my wedding on Nov 9th of this year! Here are my stats:
    I'm 5' 8.5''
    SW: 223 lbs (191 when I started MFP)
    CW: 180 lbs
    GW: 165 lbs

I workout 5-6 times a week, burning about 500 calories per workout. Total net calories at the end of the day is around 1200 calories. In my profile pic, I was around 183-185 lbs. I did get down to 167 lbs once and I looks kind of skeleton-ish and my mom got concerned, so I'm hoping to be able to get to a muscular and lean 165 lbs for my wedding this November!

Best of luck to all of you blushing-brides-to-be! Please ad me if you wish, and whatever happens, we have so much to look forward to this year!

20218521.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bioheil
    bioheil Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd love to keep this thread going and check in every week. I just picked out my reception hall so the church and reception are taken care of! I would like to lose about 60 pounds but first just going to put it in small goals. My first mini goal is 10lbs gone by the end of February. It seems like a very reasonable start to me. Weigh in tomorrow and then every Friday for anyone that wants to participate!
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I received an email today saying that seamstress has collected my wedding dress from the shop to do the alterations, sadly it doesnt need taking in :tongue: , just taken up as I am only 5 ft 1. My dress does fit but I just cant breath so I really do need to lose a few lbs but for some reason thats not happening. Only got 9 weeks.

Most of everything else is sorted, sending a cheque off for the cake this week. Am taking my Grandaughter out next weekend to buy her flower girl dress and shoes, got to buy my son his suit, ( he is giving me away )

Enjoy all your planning girls, believe me when I tell you time flies by. x
  • bioheil
    Options
    Hitting the treadmill today since it is so cold outside but I need some good songs to add to my playlist it is getting a little old....any ideas?
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I made my first foray into dress shopping yesterday! I was nervous thinking it could go (very) poorly but i was pleasantly surprised, the trip actually made me feel pretty good. Not only am i relieved to know i still have some time before i HAVE to make a decision, thus have more time to lose weight but i felt pretty good about how i looked. If i stick to it, in six months i should only look better! Hows eveyone elses wedding plans coming along?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You should just make a group out of this. You can even choose a bridey pic for the logo.
  • guinnessstella
    guinnessstella Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in just under 5 months and just bought my dress. I've been trying to loose weight but am so stressed that my body is just not letting go of anything. That, and I'm an emotional eater - gaaah!!! I have about 60-70 lbs to loose and realistically don't think it may be manageable by my wedding date.

I currently work out 5x/week with a trainer (strength training), do extra cardio (45-60 mins/day) and am trying to figure out my food. (macros, eat back exercise calories etc). It's soooooo challenging for me to 'trust the process' when the process is looking like it's going to take time *and* I'm just not seeing any progress on the scale, in my clothes etc.

Thanks in advance mfp brides to be for letting me vent :)
  • Bunniculette
    Options
    GuinessStella, I think you can lose a considerable amount of your goal weight before the wedding, although your goal might be more than your dress can be altered. I've had some trouble letting go of the weight and really committing to my diet, which seems like something we have in common. I put on weight instead of losing when i first got on MFP but have gained some momentum lately. Before kids I lost 70 lbs doing WW Core and hitting Curves four times a week (i was literally the only person under 50 in there.) I've been trying to take some of the basic principles of the core diet and integrate it with MFP, which in two weeks has shaved 2.5 lbs off. If you want any info about it, feel free to ask! It might give you the little extra you need to see some motivating results, especially coupled with your gym time.

I guess what we ALL need to remember is, as thin as we'd like to look on our wedding day, it really doesn't matter. Our guests will think we look gorgeous & glowing and our fiances will think they are the luckiest guys ever. We just have to get on board with all those positive thoughts!!
  • Jen0109
    Options
    I also just got engaged. Planning on getting married Spring or Summer 2014. I am also trying to not only lose weight but get toned and healthier overall. You can add me if you would like:)
  • bioheil
    Options
    Weighed in this morning so I have my starting point 264! Much higher than I should be but less than I was a couple of years ago. I have about 11 months until the wedding.

CW-264
    GW-195
    Wedding- 11months 6days
  • Bunniculette
    Options
    Way to go BioHeil!
  • droppinpounds130
    Options
    I just got engaged a few months ago as well and I plan to lose about 100 pound before the big day. We dont have a date set yet, but I know it wont be until 2015. So until then I am just going to plug away at losing this weight. I lost 30 pounds already but it took me a whole year to do it. I didnt exercise before so I am thinking now that I know how to eat healthy and count calories I can just focus more on exercise. Have I mentioned I love food and I am someone who eats from boredom and emotional stress.
    Good luck to everyone and congratulations!!
  • bioheil
    Options
    Hi girls! I made a group for us! It's called shedding for the wedding please join if you would like!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I joined the group. We're meant to be getting married in September, but due to sick member of the family it may have to be changed.

I think I've found the dress (simple, knee length 50's inspired) but when you're losing weight you must just have to accept a cut off date and maintain .. even if that weight is still too much?????

I went ahead and ordered a knock off copy for $120 (hoping it actually does get sent LOL) .. so that I can at least know if the style is what I'm after. I ordered it down 2 sizes as an incentive. I don't now in KG how much I'm aiming to lose .. but I think 2 dress sizes should be achievable. I've almost lost 1 since the beginning of the year. I'd hope it would actually be more like 3 sizes .. but then at least I can alter.

Not sure if any other brides find this, but the times I've lost weight (even 32kg) my boobs didn't change much at all. Only reduced by 4 inches, yet I lost 6 off my waist & 8 off my hips (From Hourglass to Wineglass LOL)
  • bioheil
    Options
    3 members already! Let the wedding bells ring!
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations :)

I'm also getting married this year in late September. I had lost 40lb towards my goal, but sadly over Christmas and New year, I gave up, and haven't got back on track yet. So that's why I'm back! Time to get back on the wagon, and get into that pretty dress :)
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am not getting married but Celebrating my 10 year anniversary in November 2013.. We are going to the beach somewhere, I have never been.

I am down 42 lbs so far.. Got another 40 to go... I can do it by Then.

Goooood Luck and Congrats.
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    well girls ..I am getting married for the second time after being divorced for 22 years...we have a lake wedding planned on a houseboat for July 6th but we are having so many people possibly attending without enough room we may elope ...to Hawaii...so I need to loose 15 lbs and may have to loose it by April instead of July...so count me in.
    I tried the 30 day shred and pulled a muscle in my leg so I have been just walking...but need some motivation so this group will be great and sounds like a fun group.
  • reneejcam
    reneejcam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi

Could someone post a link to the group.

I am very interested in joining.

We are getting married 19/4/2014 :):)

I have lost 45 pounds already and only have around 10 left to go !!

Looking forward to chatting with u all about wedding and weight loss
  • teamLJ1031
    teamLJ1031 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i am also getting married, but not until may of next year. BUT! i am so excited about my lifestyle change, and, want to be thin for my engagement photos this summer and dress shopping ;) i also have very few friends on MFP, and even fewer that actually use it. i also just discovered these message boards! excited to check back and hear how you are all doing!!