How do you do it?

Options
I work 50 hours a week. From 6 in the morning till 3, go grabs kids, go grab the husband and don't get to go home till around 4:30. We eat early at 5-5:30. So I am off to go cooking. Then when we we finish, its family time till they go to bed at 7:30. By then I am too exhausted. If I work out at home (the only way I can do it with Financial constraints) when they go to bed then I will be up for another few more hours and I need to be in bed and asleep by 9:30. I never have the energy to do anything. I am so exhausted. How do you do it? How do you lose the weight when you have no time! By the way I have a 3 year old and 2 year old if that helps. I only get 2 15 minute breaks at work and I can't go outside. I need a new job too! Anyways I just need some help. I am desperate!

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You can incorporate more movement into your day - like a walk at lunch, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking on the other side of the parking lot, doing squats, leg lifts, etc, while busy in the kitchen.
    You can get up 30-45 minutes earlier and work out.
    You can work out for 30-45 minutes after work instead of "a few more hours".

One of the wonderful things about exercise is that it gives you more energy. Sometimes I will feel like I can't do another thing but lay down, but if I work out instead, I can keep going and do other things - like vacuum or clean the aquarium.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your husband is one of the kids. How about if half the time, he makes dinner and deals with the kids while you go for a long walk. The other half of the time, it's your turn. Sounds fair to me.
  • kjeffrey7
    kjeffrey7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know what it is to feel like you never have time. The first thing you have to acknowledge is that you are trying to lose weight for yourself and you have to MAKE time to take care of you too. I get up about a half hour early to pop in a 20 minute exercise video before I take a shower and go to work. You could try that, or perhaps go for a half hour walk after dinner with the whole family, which is a great way to get exercise AND spend time with your family. Make sure that you do a good workout on your days off. If you make healthier eating decisions for you and your family, you won't have to exercise as much to continue to lose weight. :)
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just recently cut my hours back from 50-55 a week down to 40 so that helps. But my husband works second shift so everything is one me when I get from from work. I get home at 4:15 most nights, I have to immediately start dinner so we can eat and be back out the door by 5:30-5:45 for wrestling practice, gymnastics or whatever else we have going on that night (we have something every week night so I'm never home in the evenings). We don't get hime till 8:30 at the earliest. Then it's homework, showers and hopefully get the kids in bed by 10pm. And like i said, my husband works second shift so this is all on me.

I'm exhausted all the time. Just this week (completed day 5 today) I start Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's 25 minutes long. Basically you just have to make yourself do it. Exhausted or not.

Now believe me, I TOTALLY get where you are coming from. I am there too. That is why I JUST started working out again after not working out for at least 18 months. but i just decided I HAVE to make time. No excuses. If you are interested the 30 day shred is on you tube so it's free. All you need are light hand weights. If you can fit that in to your day then you could always increase from there. But it's a start.

And you aren't alone!
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    you have such an early day but if you could try waking up a little earlier you can squeeze in some exercise there. i also agree with sherry in sharing cooking time with your husband....or maybe even pushing dinner time by a half hour to squeeze in a quick workout.