Lunch!

Options
I need some new ideas for lunch..I do not have access to a microwave. What I typically take:

Greek Salad (romaine, tomatoes, feta cheese)
Oikos Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt (with a different fruit daily to change it up)
Baby Carrots

OR

Hummus
Baby Carrots, Celery, etc. (depends on what I have on hand) to dip OCCASIONALLY a medium sized pita
Oikos Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt (with a different fruit daily to change it up)

I need some new ideas! The ones I have so far are filling and low cal and high protein, but I don't want to get to get burnt out on them! Also, I can't take leftovers because others in my family typically do. What do you take for lunch?

Replies

• maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    sandwiches using arnolds sandwich thins or arnolds bagel thins.. homemade soup ... fresh fruit .... almonds .... i bring leftovers but you said you do not have access to them. almond butter and sugar free jam sandwiches ...... wraps
  • chuck6282
    Options
    Watch out for that yogurt - vanilla comes with sugar. I like Plain low fat with fruit for breakfast.
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    try some cold pasta salads with whole wheat or brown rice or quinoa with lots of veggies like tomato, avocado, onion, green beans, etc.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and christie bacon and gouda flavour brown rice crips-rice thins, and a fruit
  • CassMFP
    CassMFP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like turkey pepperonis (lots of sodium, though). Take some fruit. Almonds. Hard boiled egg. I like to bring last night's leftovers for lunch. For example, turkey burger patties.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    put about four chicken breast in a slow cooker on sunday and then shred it.makes lunch for a week ...mix the shredded chicken with some of that smart start broccoli slaw mix and plain greek yogurt and you got chicken salad ...