I'm ready to Get and stay Fit!

Options
Hello everyone,
I have been up and down the weight roller coaster most of my adult life and I am really ready to stabilize my weight and have a healthy life style for the sake of my self and my precious children. Something strange I notice about myself is, after losing around 20 pounds I sabotage my hard work. I need to get across that 20 lb. mark in order to ever have a chance to reach my goals. If you could be of encouragement in even the smallest measure, add me as a friend. Have a great day!

Replies

• 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hang in there chica!!! Times will be hard but its gonna be so worth it!!
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I was once told by someone who lost 150 lbs. that it is worth all the blood, sweat, and tears! I believe that with all my heart.
  • lgwilliams77
    Options
    I am not sure I am much help except to say that I am in the same boat. I have exercised - and dropped 20 - I don't - I gain 20. Let's do this one last time together. My mind set is better and I am going to beat those bad cravings with skinny substitutions.
  • fab_ab19
    fab_ab19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your determination is the first step...now all you have to do is stay focused. I'm in it to win it, you can too. Good luck!!
  • jordannicole1034
    Options
    How do you guys stay motivated? i do so good for 2 weeks and just stop. i dont understand why.. :ohwell:
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well I have been on and off again with trying to lose weight like a bad relationship, but this time I realize If I want the extra weight gone I Have to suck it up and stay motivated!
  • camkal12
    Options
    I'll give you a :) even on a hard day! Support on this site is awesome - count me in!
  • pangelicus
    pangelicus Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me. We can help each other out :)
  • alvin0012
    alvin0012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your determination is the first step...now all you have to do is stay focused. I'm in it to win it, you can too. Good luck!!

I agree 100% its the word "determination" and I would add "dedicated"
  • djness20
    djness20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! We are all human and have times where we fall back. I lost 60lbs in my initial weight loss and have been experiencing the same roller coaster with about 10lbs over the past year. YOU CAN DO IT! Remember that everyday is progress and just take it day by day! We are all here to support one another too! :)
  • camkal12
    Options
    I've surprised myself by being motivated for 25 days! Not a lot, but better than I've ever managed before..I think that by completing the daily journals, I have to take ownership - and not thinking of it as a "Diet" has helped - I'm focussed on eating healthy, which is far more positive than dieting! Awesome thing is finding clothes loose is enough motivation for me to keep going ;)
  • JennNewStart
    Options
    Hey! Great work, I always suffered from weight since I was 15 I loved my body but my family was always hard on me to lose weight which made me put on more.
    As an adult I have gained so much and always have that yoyo diet where I lose 20lbs feel good and stop. I recently started watching a show called Work Out and it has open my eyes so much about the facts of being over weight, and after watching Fat, Sick & Nearly dead it has inspired me to really make a change. I am eating healthier and adding a vegetable/fruit smoothie lunch into my diet and I feel so great full of energy and I am seeing a difference in how clean and great my face looks. Is a hard journey after a life of failed diets we can do this :)