Coffee.

Options
Everyone loves coffee, but I have a pretty urgent question --

Is coffee a good addition to my diet if i wanna lose weight?

Replies

• stevececchetto1
    stevececchetto1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would not use it as a weight loss tool. Use proper nutrition and exercise for that. Studies also show, that too much coffee reduces release of human growth hormone at night so it may, impact your ability to recover from exercise.
  • littlebeardedlifter
    littlebeardedlifter Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I have read and heard that if you drink it black or with minumum stuff in it helps speed up your metabolism
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves coffee, but I have a pretty urgent question --

Coffee in moderate amounts is fine; the current thinking is that it has a beneficial effect on brain activity. For weight loss, the issue is what you put IN the coffee. Limit or eliminate the use of sugar and high-calorie dairy products, such as milk, cream and artificial creamer. Keep track of how much milk you use.
  • Joshuao16
    Options
    Coffee is calorie free, and speeds up your system. I love it, and I think it's a great addition. Just watch for hidden calories in creamer and sugar substitutes.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    How is "should I drink coffee?" urgent? LOL.

Log it and keep under your daily calorie goal, and all will be well and good in your world.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Coffee contains caffeine, and with that comes both the benefits and drawback of that drug. I drink it on a constant basis, have done so for years, and have had no adverse effects. That being said, someone with caffeine sensitivities may have problems with it.

However, coffee also contains a lot of antioxidants which have been proven time and again to be beneficial.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    The effects of coffee are inconsequential and not something to build a weight loss plan around.
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    yeah now that I think about it, it's really not that urgent, hahaha
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options

If you like coffee, drink it and log it. If you don't, then don't.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's fine to add unless you have a condition that suggests otherwise. It is a mild stimulant and an appetite suppressant.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    yeah now that I think about it, it's really not that urgent, hahaha

Some days, coffee is an urgent matter. On those days, drink coffee and ask questions later. :drinker:
  • alvin0012
    alvin0012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try Green Tea... they are good as well.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Coffee is good for everything.
  • 5auce
    5auce Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've given up beer and soda. I'll give up coffee when I'm dead. I've always wondered if drinking coffee counts as a glass of water.
  • cynfulD
    Options
    I've heard from a personal trainer years ago that if you drink black coffee before you work out it will give your metabolism a boost....but who knows!? LOL