Labor Day Challenge!

Options
Hello! I would like to invite you to join me in challenge. I challenge you to be a better you by Labor Day! Weigh in can be any day of the week, but check in each Friday with that week's weigh in. When you check in, tell us what your challenge is for the week, and how you did with it in the last week.

May 3:
May 11:
May 17:
May 24:
May 31:
June 7:
June 14:
June 21:
June 28:
July 5:
July 12:
July 19:
July 26:
August 2:
August 9:
August 16:
August 23:
August 30:
September 6: Goal- 160

Personal challenge: getting in exercise. I do pretty well with walking 2 to 3 miles a day, but beyond that I'm having trouble. My goal is to exercise (beyond walking:tongue: ) at least 1 time between now and May 3. Then my goal is to exercise at least 3 times between May 3rd and 10th.

Thanks for joining my challenge!

Replies

• aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! =D
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I defiently want to join, My goal day is alot sooner but hey it just gives me more time to loose more
  • cwbank
    cwbank Posts: 1
    Options
    This does sound like a good idea. I am in
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    I want in!! I'm trying for at least a size smaller by the weekend before Labor Day...big family birthday bash at the beach!
  • policebaby
    Options
    Awesome idea with a very realistic time frame! I am in!!!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm in! Labor Day is just 2 days before my anniversary so this is good because hopefully this year we will take a mini vacation for our anniversary! My personal goal for the next week is to stay within my calories every day. I've been splurging too much this past month and haven't lost much weight.
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    You said check in each friday, but the dates you have listed are mondays, except may 11 is tuesday.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You said check in each friday, but the dates you have listed are mondays, except may 11 is tuesday.

Eesh. Thank you for checking me! :bigsmile: I was trying to do too many things at once! I originally thought Fridays (thus that comment:laugh: ), but then decided since Labor Day was on Monday, that would make more sense. I tried to go back and change the dates, but halfway throughI realized that the calendar I was looking at put Mondays in the first block (where all my other calendars have Sundays). I thought I had changed all of them, but apparently I missed one!

Thanks for catching it!:flowerforyou:
  • Felixanvk
    Felixanvk Posts: 69
    Options
    I am in...any help or motivation would encourage to do it.
    My goal to eat less "whites" -white rice, white bread, white pasta- and I will walk in the morning and do more weights.
    Thanks for your idea!
    Felixa
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I've really devoted myself to getting some exercise and eating right since last week. So far I've managed to loose about 2 lbs. I'll let you guys know my current status on the first check in. Good luck everyone!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :bigsmile:

May 3:
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal: 155
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    May 3: 132
    May 11:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 127

I'm in!!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    May 3: 265.7
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal - 230

My personal goal this week is to stay below my calories every day.
  • cmurphy04722
    cmurphy04722 Posts: 254
    Options
    Oh I'm all in. I tried to start a Monday weigh-in group but it died off quickly hehe. I have no labor day plans but it looks like I better make some! Please let's keep this thread alive, I need it haha.

May 3: 158.5
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: GOAL-->140 lbs.

Personal goal this week: A minimum of 45 minutes of cardio each day. I hyperextended the top of my foot last Tuesday so exercise has been absent lately. I'm hitting the bike this evening and hopefully can get back to the row machine or treadmill sometime this week. At least I can keep lifting :-)
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    May 3: 216
    May 10
    May 17
    May 24
    May 31
    June 7
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6: Goal 180

My goal this week is to work out at least 6 days
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! It's a rainy day here in GA and my arthritic knee and back are already bothering me. It is definitely one of those days where all you want to do is lay in the bed and chill but no can do. Today is week 3 day 1 of the P90X program and the Chest and Back routine is complete. It's amazing what increasing your weights can do for a workout. I had been using 8 lb weights but today I began w/10 lbs. I could tell I could use heavier weights for some of the moves but since 10 lb weights were all I had I decided to also use my 3 lb weights for a total of 13 lb. I was definitely feeling the burn by the last 3 reps.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will try to check in later.
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!!

May 3:160.4
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 140 :glasses:
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm back for round 2! No weight to lose, but I need to be accountable to someone to maintain and continue what I've started!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm back for round 2! No weight to lose, but I need to be accountable to someone to maintain and continue what I've started!

I don't have any weight to lose either but perhaps I'll participate in order to be held accountable as well.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Count me in. I'm getting back on the horse and starting a workout program today. So this is perfect b/c I did my weight-in this morning to see where I'm at:

May 3: 175
    May 11:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 155

Personal Goal: To drink at least 1 gallon of water a day and work out at least 6 days a week.

Thanks for the post! This is going to be great! :)