dunkin donuts muffin

Options
I thought since it was honey bran raisin it would be better.... nope! it was 500 cals and 80 carbs!!!! UGH. i ate it all and enjoyed every bit... but now i have to be careful the rest of the day.
I wish my state would do what new york does with putting calories on the menu board...
I would have chosen something better for me

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.....What do you honestly think you can get that is healthy at Dunkin Donuts? Just run up and down some stairs a few times, you'll be alright ;)
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    ^^LOL.... Im sorry I have to agree, by choosing to eat at Dunkn Doughnuts you pretty much made the decision to eat something crappy when you walked through the door. 500 cals isn't that hard to burn off at least and if you get the jump on a workout now you might be able to use up some of those carbs as fuel.

I cant help but laugh to myself (not at you, dont be offended), that made my day, thanks!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    don't you know muffins and bagels are the tricky 'health' foods?? as in - they sound healthy but aren't?? lol :laugh:
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    on a positive note.... you thought "healthy" thats the important part...you could have got 20 munchkins..... they do sound very yummy.....but my thighs hate them.....
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS BEWARE of MUFFINS-the apple struddle ones from Costco have 900+ calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I knew I was looking at about 350 cals - but 500? and 80 carbs? at least i enjoyed it...
    i usually get the wake up wrap with egg only - its crappy but low cal and the egg gives some protein...
    I am not working out because I ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday - but i also celebrated with a picnic and coors lite... so i way over rewarded myself! LOL - thats okay. Last week i stayed away from beer and wine all week long and what a difference it made.
    I have really changed my eating habits - since my husband left me, I am able to really control the evening meal and grocery amounts for myself. So I guess that is a good thing to come out of it! LOL - talk about a silver lining...
    so i have had 24 hours of eat anything. Back on the wagon now:)
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    And that's the way to do it. We slip (I pigged out at a baseball game 2 weeks ago) and get right back up and keep at it :wink:
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    they will be posting nutritional information in MA soon, maybe they will where you are too.

Good to see you on here Sabes! How are you?
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    THANKS:wink: im good:) I am back and forth of course. The logistics of it all coming to a head bring up the raw feelings I had back when it started, but I am stronger now. I have great people to support me and I run ALOT. Its amazing what this year has brought... I also got a layoff notice at work - so this is the "How many life changes can I take" test from life... I figure if I lose my job, I will sell everything and head out west with my dog and be a cowgirl or something - so I am not completely worried about it. Taking life as it comes I guess and trying to not get to worked up.
    Running these races and training gives me little goals and builds my confidence that I can push through ANYTHING.