Who would have thought it was possible?

Options
If anyone had asked me at the beginning of the year if I planned on losing weight, I would have told
them that I would love to, bug that I didn't think I would be able to.

However part way through January, my beautiful wife decided that we needed to get healthy. Luckily
she made that decision at the exact same time I was feeling the need to lose some pounds. So we
began our weight loss journey.

As you can see by the ticker down there at the bottom, I'm halfway there. I've lost 66 pounds as of this morning,
and I don't see it stopping any time soon. And I did it by eating good, exercising and lots of support from my wonderful wife.

So as I cinch up my belt on it's last hole, (I had to punch about 5 new ones into it) I just want to remind everyone
that you need to stick with it. Even when you feel at your lowest. In the long run, you will succeed.

Replies

• xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    That's definately what I needed to hear after a weekend of not doing so well..

Congratulations, too! 66lbs seems like an impossible goal for me right now. Well done!
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats!! And thanks!!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Congratulations on the weight loss but more importantly congratulations on the new healthy life style. Thanks for the encouraging words. It does get a bit hopeless when you work out like a freak and the scale stays stubbornly put. Posts like these give me hope that in the end it will all be worth it. Keep up the great work ;)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is some serious weightloss!
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and your new healthy life style. It is inspiring to read posts like this, great job..
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congratulations! I wish you continued success on your journey! :bigsmile:
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up!:drinker:
    Posts like these give me hope that in the end it will all be worth it. Keep up the great work ;)
    Just wanted to say that it should not be end of this journey. We adopt healthy habits like eating healthy, working out on regular basis FOR LIFE, not until our weight is within "healthy" area.:flowerforyou:
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up!:drinker:
    Posts like these give me hope that in the end it will all be worth it. Keep up the great work ;)
    Just wanted to say that it should not be end of this journey. We adopt healthy habits like eating healthy, working out on regular basis FOR LIFE, not until our weight is within "healthy" area.:flowerforyou:

Yeah...you forgot the part where I doled out congratulations on the new healthy life style :wink:
    "but more importantly congratulations on the new healthy life style."
  • cildawg1
    cildawg1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Ah!!! See how valuable a good woman can be!!! Congratulations!!!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Good for you!!! 66 lbs in 5 months is unreal amazing! Helps having an active partner eh! :-) Congrats to you and your wife! Post pics when you can! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!