Replies

• Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Country style boneless pork ribs
    1 box reduced fat chicken broth
    1 bottle Allegro hickory smoke marinade
    Combine and cook till pork falls apart.
    (If you can't find the Allegro marinade, use another smoky marinade, or even a bottle of smoky barbeque sauce.

Super easy and super tasty!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some good vegetarian recipes? Just tried this yesterday, quite yummy but would like to try some more.

1 carrot, grated
    1 can black beans drained and washed
    1 can red kidney beans drained and washed
    1 can chopped tomatoes
    1 whole birdseye chilli
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp cumin and coriander
    1/2 cup split red lentils
    1 onion, diced

Put in slow cooker on low for 8 hrs. This also works with black beans that have been soaked but not yet cooked.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER USE I LOVE MY CROCK POT!!!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    im playing with my crock pots lately. you can pretty much marinade chicken in anything in the crock pot. bbq chicken sandwiches? italian dressing? tomato sauce? tonight i had two crock pots going. one had a Dijon turkey loin and the other had celery, carrots, and potatoes in it. that mix i just filled it with water and chicken bullion cubes. every sunday i make turkey chili in the crock pot. very easy ground turkey, beans, canned tomatoes, and taco seasoning. you can also do porkchops with chicken and stars soup?
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi....There is a website that I do use very often it's called allrecipes.com.....they do have a healthy meals. also there are cook books ! is called lit n fit and healthy eating all good recipes.

GOOD LUCK!
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    I did an experiment with throwing some salmon (from Costco) 2 pieces with some organic broth, veggies, and

whatever else I had on hand. Turned it on high 4-6 hours, and it was Yummy all cooked through!! all hot and ready after work, and

no it did not get mushy or anything--perfectly fine for lazy good eatin consumption!!
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Chicken Enchilada Soup

• 2 tsp olive oil
    • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 3 cups low sodium fat-free chicken broth
    • 8 oz can tomato sauce
    • 1-2 tsp chipotle chili in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
    • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
    • 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
    • 2 cups frozen corn
    • 1 tsp cumin
    • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
    • 2 8 oz skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
    • 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for topping
    • 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
    • fat free sour cream (optional)

Directions:

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.

To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir.Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.

Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste. Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro. You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
  • SammyKatt13
    Options
    Chicken Taco Bowls

1.5 pounds chicken
    1 jar salsa
    1 can black beans, drained
    8 oz frozen corn
    1 TBSP Chili powder
    1/2 TBSP cumin
    1/2 TBSP minced garlic
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 cup water

Add everything to crock pot an cook on low for 8 hours.

Serve over rice**** with cheese and avocado!

**** I use cauliflower rice, more veggies and better for you.
  • SammyKatt13
    Options
    Apple Sauce

Ingredients:

• 8 medium apples (Use a combination of Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, etc.)
    • 1 strips of lemon peel - use a vegetable peeler
    • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
    • 3 inch cinnamon stick
    • 5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked) - or agave

Directions:

Peel, core, and slice the apples.
    Place them in the slow cooker. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and brown sugar.
    Set crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally, apples will slowly become a delicious applesauce. Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact.

Makes 3 cups.
  • scamp76
    scamp76 Posts: 26
    Options
    BUMP
  • gafirefly
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas.
  • SuzQ20
    SuzQ20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bumping to try these recipes later :flowerforyou:
  • SammyKatt13
    Options
    other random things I make are:

Pork loin with a bottle of Stubbs marinade and let cook all day. Then I shred it and use for tacos, enchiladas, salads, burritos.

Chicken, black bean, salsa and let cook, shred the chicken and use for same as above.

I make all my soups in it. throw everything in and just let cook.

I also make my beef roast in there. veggies and all.

I used to make this awesome berry cobble but lost the recipe and miss is sooo much! so if anyone has one, I'd love to have it!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AshleyV150
    AshleyV150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes everyone!!!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites: Buffalo Chicken

3 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
    12 oz bottle of Buffalo wing sauce (I use Anchor Bar wing sauce, but any will do)
    1 oz packet of dry Ranch mix

Cook on low for about 8 hours (or until chicken shreds). I've seen recipes that add 2 tblsp butter or cream cheese, but I think it is fine without.
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Creamy Italian chicken

1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 packet zesty Italian dressing mix
    1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom( or cream of whatever you want)
    1package FF cream cheese

Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix dressing mix with 3/4 c water. Pour over chicken. Cook on high for 3 hrs or until chicken shreds. Remove chicken before shredding. Add soup and cream cheese. Mix well. It will be a little lumpy. I like to lay out my cream cheese about an hour beforehand. Shred chicken and add back to pot. Simmer on low for 30 or so minutes until warm all through. 6 servings.

It is great with veggies added in or rice. Or serve over rice with veggies on side. This is my go to recipe when I can't think of anything else I want.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I make Garlic Lime chicken in the crockpot- it's insanely easy- Chicken breasts, fresh lime juice (or the bottle of key lime juice, Rose's is too sweet), garlic cloves or minced., salt, pepper, bit of olive oil to coat the crock pot .. that's it.

If you lightly brown the chicken first that is a bonus, I usually don't have time to do that.

I do it by sight now-- but a quick google search will turn up measurements.
  • Naynayjones
    Naynayjones Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump