Coffee Creamer

Options
Which coffee creamer would you choose between sugar-free or fat-free, and why?

What is your favorite coffee creamer? (Please specify whether in powder or liquid form, and where you generally purchase it.)

Replies

• susan_skipper
    Options
    My favorite coffee creamer is International Delight French Vanilla. They have just come out with a "lower sugar content" variety, which I bought the other day and its still pretty sweet. They do have a low fat kind but its not as good. That is my treat every day, 1 tablespoon of french vanilla in my coffee. Not that many calories really.
  • NinaGrace77
    Options
    Bailey's Hazelnut is my favorite, and i put a tablespoon and a half, down from 2 tablespoons, but I like it sweet. I don't do low sugar or sugar free because of an aspartame sensitivity, but its only 35 calories a tablespoon. I don't like the powder, its got a weird grainy texture. I usually have a max of 2 cups of coffee a day, usually a 10 oz cup.
  • Athena4E
    Athena4E Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Um, if you want cream in your coffee use half and half. Don't buy that oil by-product garbage, it taste like @$$
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    susan_skipper, I've been using the same, International Delight's liquid French Vanilla, recently trying the sugar-free variety. I appreciate a vanilla flavor in my coffee, though I also like the taste and feel of straight-up cream. Which brings me to Athena4E's comment. I'd never before compared the nutritional value of ID to that of half and half; a moment ago I was pleasantly surprised to discover their values per serving are basically the same -- though according to MFP database entries half and half has 6g sodium per 1 T. serving vs. ID's 0g.

NinaGrace77, I'm not a fan of hazelnut in this application, but I certainly do relate when it comes to our coffee creamer: It's worth those extra calories. ;)

Thanks for your responses, everyone.