Tryin to be thin again and healthy

Options
Hi,
I am new to this website and have just added the app to my Iphone. I am really wanting to loose some weight that I have put on over the last few years. It is going to be hard when so many temptations come along and the fact that i have to feed my family who does not want to share in my food goals. Need suport and encouragement.

Replies

• syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    welcome. feel free to add me to your friends list. I will support you in any way that i can. :smile:
  • leeluchickenbruce
    leeluchickenbruce Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me and ill support... Plus anyone else on here!
  • KTmommaUT
    Options
    Welcome! I've found the phone app to be SOOO helpful for keeping me on track... MFP has helped me identify what I should have known all along - my biggest issues in gaining (and not losing!) weight has been portion control and snacking ~ especially sweets!

Using the site to track all of my foods and exercise makes me think twice about whether I REALLY want to eat something or not. And I've found it's REALLY improved my willpower! I recommend finding some foods you like and actually enjoy eating that are within your calorie budget AND keep you full. For me, only allowing myself stuff that makes me miserable makes it too hard to stick to a weight loss plan. So I budget in calories for little treats - my fave are meringue cookies! Sweet AND crunchy AND super low cal!

Find an eating plan you can live with and just make little adjustments along the way... I wish you luck! I've got a loooong way to go on my trek (6 lbs in 3 weeks, 94 more to go), but I'll help cheer you on if you'd like to be pals here at MFP. :)

(P.S. It also helps to find some web sites with lighter recipes. Making over family faves into healthier dishes REALLY helps me stay on track, as does finding good recipes for filling and calorie-saving meals like GOOD breakfast smoothies. SkinnyTaste.com and DashingDish.com both have some really good ones and include all the calorie info to boot.)