Paleo Cookbook

Options
Can anyone recommend a good Paleo cookbook? I'm looking to add some variety...

Replies

• Timmi1978
    Timmi1978 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Hi Slchiosie,
    Since 11 weeks me and my future wife (just engaged :D) are big fans of the Paleo Recipe Book on http://timreviews.com/paleo-recipe She came up with the idea to follow this recipe book because she was tired of me asking her everyday what she is going to cook...and I can be very picky with choosing healthy food - well, we also enjoy cooking together. Another positive side-effect: I got of some fat on my tummy.

Hope this helps,

Timmy
  • alis4ma3
    Options
    There are lots of good reviews on Loren Cordain - The Paleo Diet Cookbook (http://www.amazon.com/The-Paleo-Diet-Cookbook-Breakfasts/dp/0470913045/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) over Amazon though there are some complaints of its poor design, lack of images and lack of basic readability.

Just to share mine, I bought a Paleo Cookbook (http://www.buypaleocookbook.com/) for $37. I know its more pricey compare to others but I’m overwhelmed with it since this book explains a way of eating and offers recipes for a diet and way of life that will add years to your life and make you a better person. This diet takes away all of the foods that are actually killing us. Many of the foods we eat like grains, legumes, sugars, and dairy are causing health problems of epidemic proportions. This diet explains how and why. The great thing about eating Paleo, is there are no gimmicks, and nothing to buy except the right foods. You actually end up buying less. Also, you don't starve, you eat all you want, whenever you want.

Also you try their amazing free report, "The Paleo Blueprint" why I say its amazing coz it will show you how to succeed with the Paleo Diet! It explains what foods you should eat, what foods you should avoid and is packed with tips and hints that will empower you to change your health, vitality and life for FREE! You may get the FREE Paleo Blueprint here.. www.buypaleocookbook.com

Hope I help you with your concern, in case you need more details just visit the site or shoot me a PM.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Google search. Lots of free websites and blogs out there.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely check these out.

As for googling it...you can get all kinds of reviews online...typically from people who JUST bought something...I'd rather get firsthand information from someone who uses something and likes it.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Check your messages. I just sent you a link to download almost 40 ebooks that I have stored on my skydrive.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely check these out.

As for googling it...you can get all kinds of reviews online...typically from people who JUST bought something...I'd rather get firsthand information from someone who uses something and likes it.

I guess you missed my point. Sorry.
  • bluedreamlight
    bluedreamlight Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check your messages. I just sent you a link to download almost 40 ebooks that I have stored on my skydrive.

Could you also share your cookbook with me please?
  • bluedreamlight
    bluedreamlight Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Vain_Witch wrote: »

Hi! I just started paleo diet! I have been trying to find free recipes on google but they didn't come out very good. So I purchased a cookbook for $25, and I'm pretty happy about it! The link to the book is http://get.paleorecipebook.com/a-2/?hop=ervinliz1. Hope you'd like it too!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I actually think there are more good websites than cookbooks (also any recipe can be pretty easily modified--just ditch the dairy, grains, and legumes).

Some good sites are PaleoOMG, StupidEasyPaleo, NomNomPaleo, or just search "paleo lamb recipe" or some such and you might find a bunch of other good ones.

I'm not paleo but I eat a lot of meat and veggie based meals and enjoy getting ideas from all kinds of sites, including paleo ones.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    raw meat, grubs, plants, acorns, etc….basically, just go outside your house and start gathering whatever you see = paleo
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Paleomg!
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    raw meat, grubs, plants, acorns, etc….basically, just go outside your house and start gathering whatever you see = paleo

Now that's what the real deal. Cavemen didn't have cookbooks!