How to fight carb cravings!!

Options
Its all ive been comsuming as of late!! potatoe products and chocolate!! Love my potatoes and sugars!! Breads too!!

Question is how to stop them(cravings)????Its as addicting as nicotine I tell ya!!

Replies

• ohhman10
    Options
    If you REALLY need carbs... like me;) Don't cut them out too fast or you'll binge. I did that.

I tried to cut them out to less than 50 grams a day and went nuts and ate half a pizza, bread sticks etc. hahaha.

If you have a craving eat something. Eat something small and GOOD carbs. Whole grains. It will keep you from having a binge.

So no I don't have a way to stop cravings but just nicely taking care of it before it gets out of hand. Ha
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    Try peanuts, they sit pretty heavy like grains and are low in carbs.
  • Sofitin2013
    Options
    South Beach Diet......it has helped me so much!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    give up the sugar. i used to do a diet that required you eat NO SUGAR at all. It was hella hard the first few days. Then after the third day it gets easier.

this time around I'm not on that kind of eating plan, but I do notice when I drink a very sugary drink or have too many fries with my dinner crave city!
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Once you go a few weeks without processed carbs you won't have the cravings anymore. Except when you blow it and eat them again restarting the process.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I go ahead and eat them, but I try to make sure they are high-fiber whole grain types when I do. I :heart: my carbs!