Need motivation to get off my a** lmao

Options
I have been seriously trying to loose weight for 2 weeks now and for some reason today I can't seem to bring myself to workout. Yesterday was my slow day and maybe that has something to do with it but I don't know what to do, I keep doing face off with my treadmill telling it "I will run on you in a min so be prepared lmao that min never comes. Has anyone else had these days? And what did you do to overcome it?

Replies

• LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    Everyone has those days when they dread the treadmill, i just imagine how much better i will feel after my workout and the results, because i know if i dont hop on that treadmill i will never lose weight. You can do it just hop on that treadmill and get it over with. i think you need to get into a workout routine that you actually enjoy instead of dreading, working out should be fun! :)
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I had quite a lengthy discussion with myself yesterday after I ate a brownie. Sunday's are usually my rest days but I knew I needed to do something about eating that stupid brownie. My mind finally won the battle and I worked out at about 10:30pm and felt great afterwards. Just think of how good you will feel once you are done! Everyone needs a little motivation sometimes and that's okay you are on the right site for that!! Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • lcur7916
    lcur7916 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're at home, jump on there right now! Don't put it off any longer, just get it done and you will feel so much better for it! We are all here cheering you on!!! And I also agree you need to find exercise you enjoy and don't dread (though we all have those days...) Maybe you could go for a walk outside or call a friend to join you? Have fun!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Oh, all the time!! I have to MAKE myself work out. It helps to get out of the house for your work out. On the weekends I try to get my work out out of the way before I shower for the day... that way I can't really do anything else until I'm done working out. Treat your work out like an appointment on your calendar. Set a specific time. Meet a friend at the gym and you won't be able to put it off. I can't wake up early for a work out.. I'm just not a morning person. but if you are I highly suggest working it into the first part of your day. It also helps to have something to look forward to after your work out- like a new protein bar you haven't tried yet. I haven't been working out as much lately as I used to (more like 5 days a week instead of 6) but I'm still staying under my calorie goal and successfully losing. I'm trying to listen to my body- if I've truly had enough for the week or I'm not feeling well I think it's okay to take an extra day for rest. Hope this helps and Good luck!!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself the sooner I start the sooner it's over and I'll feel so much better! Getting the first 10-15 mins in is always the hardest anyway, then it's easier on out! You'll feel better, free up your day, and have one less thing on your to-do list. You can do it!
  • lovetodance
    lovetodance Posts: 33
    Options
    I also have a treadmill and use it only on rainy days or days when I can't get outside. It is not the only thing you can do though. If you dread it, I agree that you really need to find something fun to do instead. There are exercise programs on FIT TV and also exercise videos. Also, it is okay to have a day when you are tired and just don't feel like doing anything as long as you get back on track as soon as you can.
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try changing up where you run since you mentioned the treadmill. Go outside and run there. Vary routes. Keep it new.

Also, try and sign up for some local 5K's or races in your city. This can help get you motivated as nothing is better than a large group looking to do the same thing.

Another thought, are you keeping a workout log? This can help chart progress on your distance/time, it can help run like MFP helps to eat.
  • elmerf1234
    elmerf1234 Posts: 4
    Options
    Killian,
    There is hope. I have been exercising now for 23 weeks and have lost 60 lbs. i keep my calories under 1900 a day and work out 6 days a week. I have to get up at 4am and be there by 5am. Two keys here is 1. develop a habit and 2. work out with a group of people if you can. Nonoe likes doing it by themselves and we all need to be held accountable, besides its not fun working out by yourself. Have i wanted to sleep in or have a lazy day, you bet I have. But having others that you do it with, that is the magic that has worked for me.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    As the day goes on, I'm less motivated to go work out. So, I try to do it the same time every day - around 10am. But, like I said, if I don't make it within my usual time frame...the day/time gets away from me and I end up not doing it. If you've got the time and it pops in your head that you should get on the treadmill, just do it. You'll be a lot happier if you just get it over with and you can go about your day not 'dreading' it. But, I understand, some days you just don't feel like working out so don't beat yourself up about that. If anything, just promise yourself that you'll work a little harder the next day or so. If jumping on the treadmill becomes more of a chore and boring to you, then maybe you should look into another form of exercise to boost your enthusiasm.