Night nurse ponderings

Options
So, I'm sitting here in the ER eating my tilapia and green beans. I have come to the realization that I hate vegetables. Not so much the taste, but the incessant chewing. Weird? Yes...

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    then cook your veggies longer. especially ones like broccoli and cauliflower will be easier to eat and chew faster. most people cook veggies less because most people object to the flavor that develops with longer cooking plus shorter cooking preserves more nutruients. but if you don't like that crisp cooked texture of almost rawness (which i happen to LOVE) then you're not gonna eat it and get ANY of the nutrients right? then might as well cook it how you'll eat it and at least get some.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    True true. They were the steamer bag kind. Really chewy. I was not impressed...canned would have tasted better... :)
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You would be very, very sad if you were left alone with the contents of my lunch bag for the night then...
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Full of steamy bag veggies?? My tilapia was super impressive though. Blackening seasoning from Fresh Market=DA BOMB!!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I cook the crud out of mine (so i probably lose nutrition) but if they are cooked, i like them mushy! I am weird lol
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    So, I'm sitting here in the ER eating my tilapia and green beans. I have come to the realization that I hate vegetables. Not so much the taste, but the incessant chewing. Weird? Yes...

Not needing to chew food, it already being ready digested by being heavily processed, is part of what supports getting overweight. Chewing properly slows down eating so helping you feel fuller. Eat smaller mouthfuls if you don't already because that is another bad habit with many westerners, large mouthfuls of al dente veggies are obviously going to need a lot of chewing.
  • juvinurse
    juvinurse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love to chew! I like things crunchy, so al dente veggies are the bomb! If you don't like them al dente, just cook longer. They will get mushy. LOL