Mass Gain? Any advise?

Options
Dear members, I have been using my fitness pal for a long time now, and to great success. About 4 months ago I decided to really stick to my goals and start living a much healthier life.

I started out on 146kg and have dropped down to 133kg. My goal is 91kg, and I will reach this goal no matter what!.My exercise regime is a mix of weight training(3x a week) and trail running(3x week)

I use a polar heart rate monitor and stick to my calorie limits everyday. The problem is that for the lst 2 weeks I have noticed on my Monday weigh inns that my overall mass picks up, 2kg's to be exact, but I have had a 2% drop in bodyfat and muscle gain of 2,8%.

My water and bone percentage stays the same. Why is the mass not dropping but gaining, although I burn more calories than consumed?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated, this does not break my spirit, but I would feel much better if I had some idea what my body is going through.

Here's to living healthy!

Tyron

Replies

• skhorakiwala
    skhorakiwala Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mass gain is not a bad thing..It happens because of the protein intake in your body, you are not putting on fat but putting on muscle (with ur weight training + what i'm assuming is a good protein diet)

As long as you are cutting down on the fat, gaining lean body mass is generally a good thing. However if you want to reduce on that, then maybe u can cut down a bit on the strength training, or alter the routine, and definitely decrease protein intake.

Hope this helps,
    Shabbir
  • TGroenewald
    TGroenewald Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply skhorakiwala.

It makes sense, since I introduced myself to weight training I have noticed a slow down of body mass, although bodyfat drops and muscle gains.