How long do I need to exercize each day

Options
Hi, im 134 pounds and 5'3. I want to be 120. If I eat only 1200 to 1300 cals a day, is working out for 30 minutes each day long enough?

Replies

• NinaBunni
    Options
    Any excercise or movement is a good start. I think that 30 min. is excellent as long as you gradually work your way up as you gain more endurance. Even just 20 min. a day is beneficial. Good luck!!!
  • JohnnyMac174
    Options
    Anything is helpful and as long as you do your half an hour every day (And keep on it) you will definitely see results. However if you would like to speed up the process I'd suggest adding a bit of time each day. Even if it's only a few minutes, see if you can run just a bit longer. On the same note, if you don't want to run for a longer period of time, increase the distance a bit. It's gradual and can be used consistently while allowing you to watch your progress which this site is great for. A year ago I could only do 20 minutes on the elliptical and used 35 pound dumbbells. Now I can go for over an hour and use 60's as a normal workout routine.

If time management is a big issue I'd suggest something like Insanity or P90X which are designed for tight schedules. You don't have much to lose so just focus on making sure you stick to the regiment you pick for yourself and it should work out just fine.

Just make sure you switch up your routine, the body gets used to the same workout if repeated too often and the muscles get too comfortable.