I want to lose weight but keep my boobs!

Options
Okay, I'm quite well-endowed in the boob department, and I really do like it that way. Even when I'm having a low day and I struggle to find things I like about myself, I always love the way I fill out a bra and most tops quite well.
The problem is, the last time I lost a fair amount of weight, I went from a EE cup to a C, and I wasn't entirely impressed with that. At that point, I was at the height of my ED and got very thin everywhere else, and there's no way come hell or high water that I'd want to go back to that, but I'm a bit concerned about what will happen to "the girls" when I lose the couple of stone I'm aiming to.
Does anyone have any ideas how you could manage to keep your boobs when losing weight? I know I may be holding out for a miracle here, but I just thought it would be worth hearing any suggestions, if anyone has any.
Thanks a bunch lovelies :)
Beth

Replies

• asarwe
    asarwe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well... Boobs are basically fat, and we all lose fat in different places in different order. So it is about genetics, really. Sorry!

Maybe lifting weights to increase the volume of the muscle underneath. This could increase their perkiness.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    As you've rightly pointed out you are indeed holding out for a miracle.

Whether you maintain breast size is largely genetics - some women's are made up of more fat tissue in which case they will shrink as body fat decreases. Other women have a higher proportion of non-fat breast tissue which is more likely to stick around.

As with everything in life we can't have it all.
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There's no way to keep your boobs, unless you don't want to lose weight. So it's either keep your boobs or lose your fat, you have to decide which one you want more :p
  • runrogrun
    runrogrun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me too...I love my boobs when I am about 10 pounds above my goal weight - they are about a DD. After I lose weight below that my boobs suddenly shrink before my eyes! :-(
    So it's just whether I stay a bit above my goal and be happy with my boobs (and not happy with the rest of me!) or get to goal and be happy with my overall figure but go down to a B cup :-(
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Humm, what do I choose:

Big boobs - vs - Being over weight, high blood pressure, diabeties, lacking energy, depressed, week, early death

Your choice, but to me it is a no brainer
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Want to know what victoria's secret was?

Padding! :) Stay healthy and forget the boobs! Guys like all sizes.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    C cup isnt overly small like! and they might suit your smaller size dont stress they are only boobs!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    pectoral muscle with a line of definition can be just as sexy ... trust me!!!
  • Emmalilly83
    Options
    Hey there,

Yes sadly losing weight means losing it of everywhere! 10 years ago I was a size 16 and had bigger boobs.
    Now im a 8 to 10 and am so much more happy, fit! And have a small waste! Yippy!!!
    Even though I'v gone down two cup sizes and do miss the boobs.
    But now I can fit into all high street clothes rather than +16 stores.
    And have lots more self a steam. The only thing I have found to help though is swimming which makes them a bit bigger and defiantly pert but you have to keep it up. Hope this helps and good luck with the weight loss.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm quite well-endowed in the boob department, and I really do like it that way. Even when I'm having a low day and I struggle to find things I like about myself, I always love the way I fill out a bra and most tops quite well.
    The problem is, the last time I lost a fair amount of weight, I went from a EE cup to a C, and I wasn't entirely impressed with that.

When was the last time you lost weight, at the height of your ED? You are 19, and it's possible you have more breast tissue now than you did 2 or 3 years ago.

But when all is said and done, you probably won't want your breasts to be the exact same size they are now when the rest of you is a lot smaller. I know I won't, personally. You are not your boobs, you are more than them, don't let your chest determine your self worth. You may be used to them now, but when you see all the awesome things your body will be able to do as you get leaner and stronger and healthier, it hopefully won't seem as big a deal to go down a few cup sizes.

Let your genetics decide your bra size at your goal weight because hey, it's really not up to you :flowerforyou:
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I gained a size & 1/2 when I gained weight. (34c to 36D+) They were fun while they lasted, but I'd rather look & feel better overall.
  • Katy8967
    Katy8967 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Iv been wondering the same thing but if genetics have a say then there might be hope... my mum lost a little bit of weight, toned up and she actually went up a size... and thats after breastfeeding 3 kids. I used to be a UK DD, went up to a UK E after my first baby and to a UK F after my most recent and id love too keep a decent chest as just like you when i was feeling at my worst my best feature has always been my boobs. fingers crossed and heres to holding out for that miracle xx
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Could be worse you could have been a B cup like me and go down to an A :sad:. I mean seriously, was there not enough fat around butt and tummy to take away it had to take it from my already tiny boobies :grumble:

I would take a C cup any day of the week :smile:
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    Cheers everyone! Feeling a bit better about the situation now :)
    Most of the women in my family have the "big boobs" gene, so it shouldn't be /too/ bad, and the height of my ED was when I was around 13/14, so I guess I'll have grown a little since then.
    I'll have to try out the swimming and lifting though, I don't have much upper body muscle so building that would help :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I used to be a G cup when I was obese, and now I'm struggling to fill a D. Not much that can be done about that, bar stopping losing weight - and personally that's not an option!

I found that lifting heavy weights has certainly helped with the shape and perkiness at least - so they're not quite as deflated-looking as they actually are!

Besides. There's always the miracle of push-up bras. I've got one that makes my humble tatas look obscene, should I so wish (British MFP - six quid in Asda!).
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Remember, the bigger your boobs the farther they fall down as you get older. A C cup on a fit, thin lady looks better to me than a bigger cup on someone who is at an unhealthy high weight.

Not sure how the men feel about it, I guess I don't care. I miss being a C, I'm D right now, and delighted to no longer be a DD.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    yeah my old girlfriend was dead set on keeping the bigger boob too so she dumped me went back to her old boyfriend
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    yeah my old girlfriend was dead set on keeping the bigger boob too so she dumped me went back to her old boyfriend

:laugh:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Humm, what do I choose:

Big boobs - vs - Being over weight, high blood pressure, diabeties, lacking energy, depressed, week, early death

Your choice, but to me it is a no brainer

Agreed. I went from a DDD to a DD so far, and am pretty sure I'm about to lose another cup size. But, I'm more than willing to make this trade off - health vs. boobs - health wins every time. You can buy boobs, you can't buy health.

Also, something to think about: The rest of you is getting smaller too. So, chances are, your boobs will still look big, they'll just be more proportional to you.
  • rocmck
    rocmck Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Get some upper body weights going and the loss won't seem so drastic. I went from a DD to a small C/borderline B, and it doesn't feel so bad. Not to mention less sagging with the weight training. I feel fantastic, and my boobs are proportionate to me :)