Breakfast- what do you do?

Options
I find that inorder to get a good start on my day, I need to have a decently filling breakfast. If I don't, I feel like I'm hungry all day (even if I've eaten a good amount for lunch).

The only problem with this is that I end up using a lot of calories in the beginning of the day.

What do you do for breakfast? How does it make the rest of your calories balance out for the rest of the day?

Replies

• ALeue
    ALeue Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I try to find foods that have a lot of protein for a relatively small amount of calories. For example, clif bars, clif builder bars (they're sooo good), special k protein bars, special K cereal, or even just cottage cheese and fruit. Hope I could help!

-Annie
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    high protein brkfst always for me.

I have either 3 egg whites and a pure protein bar

or

I have 3 egg whites and a fruit/whey protein smoothie

they are around 300-350 calories and they last me all morning!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I tend to swich up breakfast all the time. However, I did find a few low calorie options that are filling.

Oatmeal and Apple sauce: Filled with nutrients and the added liquid in the applesauce makes you feel full longer.
    Yogurt with fresh fruite and granola: Just a little bit of granola some cut up strawberries and 3/4cup of low fat yogurt.
    Hard boiled eggs and a fat free english muffin with butter: Good source of protien and can be good for a fast breakfast.

All three of these tend to be around 200-250 calories.

Good Luck.
  • marybethbeech
    marybethbeech Posts: 181
    Options
    I've been eating 90 calorie Special K Bars, but I decided that wasn't enough. This morning, I had a Jimmy Dean D-Lites breakfast sandwich. Wheat English muffin, egg whites, and Canadian bacon. It was delicious, reasonably priced, and ready in under 3 minutes. Plus it was only 230 calories. I think it will be my usual breakfast from now on.
  • lelesmama
    lelesmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat a Fiber One bar immediately when I wake up and then around 10 I will have Weight Control Oatmeal. It is super filling and I find that on days when I don't eat the oatmeal, I get hungrier earlier on in the day.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with whey protein mixed in or WHOLE eggs on a high fiber english muffin and some queso sauce....

both under 300 cals and delish!
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    I keep it simple. Slim fast, then an hour later I have a spoonful of metamucil with water (the fiber keeps me full). Followed by a yogurt.
    I honestly don't at all feel hungry until my mid morning snach when I have a granola bar or piece of fruit..etc.
  • LawBug17
    LawBug17 Posts: 26
    Options
    i usually eat around 300-400 calories for breakfast (i should be eating 1460 i think). usually that comes down to an eggwhite turkey sausage flat bread sandwich from dunkin donuts + medium coffee with cream from dunkin donuts (if i'm on the run), or a breakfast sandwich (100 calorie fiber one english muffin with a half of cup of liquid eggwhites and fat free cheese) with a banana, or a piece of whole wheat toast with some peanut butter and half cup of liquid eggwhites. i seem to need to eat something hot in the AM or i'm not satisfied!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal, to keep it from getting boring I either put 1 tbs peanut butter with raisins or a cup of sliced strawberries. If I don't eat oatmeal I eat scrambled eggs with lots of veggies. I saute onion, bell pepper, spinach and then 2 scrambled eggs and put that in a tortilla. very filling and a great start to the day.
    I am not a person that can eat pancakes, or cereal or shakes, I feel like i'm starving and can't make it til lunch.
    Hope you find what works for you, it takes some effort but you will find what works best for you, Good luck!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I go over 300cals for breakfast, it gets the metabolism going and keeps it going. I eat high fibre and fruit and protein. They say you should eat most of your calories early in the day anyways.....
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I have been eating (1) Large Orange and (1) 100 Calorie Granola Bar...along with my Diet Coke.
  • maytanewfie
    maytanewfie Posts: 47
    Options
    I usually do 3 egg whites with one yolk, and a variety of veggies (broccoli slaw, asparagus, spinach, onion, whatever I have around). I find that adding the veggies help me feel satisfied longer. I'm usually in under 300 for breakfast, and full for the morning. I have also found a few asian or indian sauces that only add about 30 calories but taste good and help me change up the flavors.
  • tjptaylor
    tjptaylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need to have protein at breakfast. I've been either having 2 boiled eggs (140 cal) or one egg and oatmeal (220 cal). I then plan on fruit mid morning.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It is different for me so that I do not get bored.

1 light wheat english muffin with butter spray and 1tbsp reduced fat peanut butter and a piece of fruit, usually an apple.

OR

1 egg with 2 egg whites either as an omelet with vegi's and reduced fat cheese, or just scrambled. I add two pieces of light wheat bread, toasted with butter spray.

Another thing is to replace the toast with a low cal, low fat, 100 calorie tortilla to make a breakfast wrap.

OR

1 serving of cereal with 1/2c almond breeze almond milk

OR

Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast Packet (with added vitamins) with 1c Almond Milk and 1tbs instant coffee, blended with ice.

OR

Sometimes I will make up a a batch of heart healthy reduced fat bisquick pancakes and freeze them. Enjoy one with breakfast and some sugar free syrup and some apple sauce. They only take a second to warm up in the microwave.

OR

I have been known to eat a vitatop or vitamuffin for breakfast.

OR

Oatmeal

OR

Boiled egg and orange juice.

OR

1pc light wheat bread with 1 poached egg, little salt and pepper.

I could go on and on for breakfast, it is my favorite meal!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    2 eggs and a whole wheat english muffin with butter: less than 300 calories

Oatmeal with a banana: Less than 300 calories

BLT sandwich on whole wheat (or english muffin) : Less than 300 calories

Cottage cheese with blueberries: Less than 200 calories

English muffin with peanut butter: 300 calories

2 egg omelet with spinach, tomato, onion, cheese : less than 300 calories

Lots of options for very few calories.

Sometime I eat non-traditional breakfast like soup or left-overs.