Australia Day BBQ Ideas

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
Hosting lunch tomorrow for Australia Day. Was going to BBQ but looks like a rainey weekend.

Thinking maybe lean lamb burgers with heaps of salad.

What are my fellow aussies doing?

Replies

• candirose69
    Options
    Sucks abotu the weather!!

not sure what we are doing but lamb can be a really yummy comfort food too :) i'd go with the lamb burgers :)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm going to 2 functions over the weekend. I've bought the most delicious cherries at coles $10.99 kg..1.5 kilos.
    Also, a few kilos of cooked king prawns to take along.
    I'm going to make a dozen devilled eggs as well.
    I'm into clean eating and on day 25 of the whole 30 so i have my own agenda too!!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Ill be home alone on Australia Day :(

But we're having a seafood lunch at my parents on Monday, so ill be pigging out in Morton Bay Bug and the AMAZING tomato, basil and goat cheese salad that my mum makes
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not doing much actually....I think we are one of the only countries in the world that doesn't really give a stuff about their National Day...oh, apart from the fact we get a day off work. :)
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Were holding an open house tomorrow into the night, so friends and family can come and go as they please.

Im cooking throughout the day on the BBQ, and everyone can pick when they feel hungry.

We've go the norm...Lamb, Marinated Chicken, Sausages, Prawns, Steak, Salads, and the most important part, Alcohol. :tongue:

Wouldn't be Aussie if at least 1 person didn't fall over drunk, half naked on the front lawn. :drinker:

Im going to be sedate with my food, but that doesn't mean everyone else should suffer lol. (Don't read tomorrows diary. I might not be that sedate)

Ill still be downing the Strongbows tho, so tomorrow morning is my weigh in day lol.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Weber kettle BBQ tomorrow at home, lamb with salad I think. Shopping tomorrow morning so will pick up some lamination fingers and small little,pavs and top the with chobani yoghurt. BBQ at friends Sunday so taking steaks and a Greek salad. Monday is fish and chips at the beach which might be a it more challenging!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Heading out to Gumbuya Park in Victoria for a rock n roll dance event with DJ Jeff and Susanne so I'll be burning off every calorie I eat from our platter of salmon, chicken, cheeses, fresh fruit and dips.

Then it's off to a birthday party with more music and dancing with more friends.
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Heading out to Gumbuya Park in Victoria for a rock n roll dance event with DJ Jeff and Susanne so I'll be burning off every calorie I eat from our platter of salmon, chicken, cheeses, fresh fruit and dips.

Then it's off to a birthday party with more music and dancing with more friends.

Hi Neighbour....Im in Yarragon!!