5'8 Lady Success Stories Please!

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    No before/after pics (you could check out my profile pics if you really want to).
    No big weight loss.
    I guess I'm more of a maintenance story.
    I'm 5'8" and around 124#.
    I'm on MFP to keep myself accountable with calorie intake.
    My ongoing goals are healthy eating and consistent work outs.
    :smile:
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" now (I have shrunk) and still very much a work in progress. I have set my goal at 155 since that would put me in a healthy BMI but I am 60 yrs old! My daughter thinks this may be too low a weight for me so I will clear it with my doctor next time I have an appointment. I need to get a recent photo but I am down 57 pounds since June 2012.
  • ladylemoncurd
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8" and 47 years old. Beginning of May last year I weighed 192lbs and joined MFP on 17th May. Lost steadily and am now 150lbs and a UK size 12-14 bottom and a 14 top. Have maintained since before Christmas and am happy at my weight as I look quite lithe and slim. Think I may try and drop another half stone though in Spring and see how I get on. You can do it x
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think it is so difficult to compare even at same heights. For example I am 5'8 and currently 145lbs (UK size 12) - but I don't look half as good as some girls who are my height and way 10, 20lbs more than me!!

I do need to do more strength work on my core but at the same time I also need to lose fat.
    My goal is 133lbs or a UK size 10, whichever comes first!!
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm pretty close to my goal weight. Really, just trying to tone up now and lose those last 5-10 vanity lbs. I was 210 at my heaviest in 2010 and I've lost @45 lbs. I was able to lose weight just by watching what I ate when I was in my 20s. It got a lot harder as I got older. Don't do anything extreme. Just count your calories and exercise if you want to get strong.

Feel free to ask me any questions.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Im 5"8 im just starting out but here are my results of the 30DS, started at 253, finished at 245

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/844640-my-30ds-results
  • felisha_ortiz
    felisha_ortiz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" as well. I LOVE this thread. I got up to 220 with my last pregnancy (delivered last april, 2012)

Have been SLOWLY losing weight, am currently 174, and dropping.

Goal weight of 140ish, may drop to 130ish, we will see.

I will try to post pics when I find them. :)
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm almost a success story...LOL

I am 5'9, my starting weight was 184 lbs, I am down a total of 23 lbs to 161. I only have 6 to go to my goal weight of 155!

:)
  • KJFairywings
    KJFairywings Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am right between 5'8" and 5"9" so I am definately working my way towards goal weight of at least 175. It is so inspiring to see so many success stories on this thread!!
  • flibertyjibet
    flibertyjibet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I look my best at 150 - 155 lbs. If I get any smaller I start to look too skinny.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    5'8.5"
    US 10/12 to US 8/10

Beginning 156 Attempting to look as thin as possible---- aka : Sucking it in
    vj5_zps8dcfd7e5.jpg
    420195_783261745627_1319229660_n_zpsb79ac857.jpg

Current 142

VJ3_zps7d116bb8.jpg
    VJ2_zps74ef1736.jpg
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9, started dieting at 212 but my highest weight was about 230-235 when I delivered my little girl. I am now down to 141-143 (I fluctuate a couple pounds.) This morning I was 142. My goal weight was 150-155 but I am medium bone and relized that I could go a little lower. I don't need to get any smaller I am a size 6-8 and small tops. I actually have people tell me now that I look to thin in some things but I am comfy at y weight and it gives me room for vacation and trips and weekends and parties and holidays. And no I don't gorge on these ocasions but I can enjoy that cake or burger or something I don't normally eat everyday. Being as big as I was I never realized that I had the potential to be as small as I am right now. I have had a weight struggle all my life and never got below a size 10 until now. I love it =)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I think it is so difficult to compare even at same heights. For example I am 5'8 and currently 145lbs (UK size 12) - but I don't look half as good as some girls who are my height and way 10, 20lbs more than me!!

I do need to do more strength work on my core but at the same time I also need to lose fat.
    My goal is 133lbs or a UK size 10, whichever comes first!!

Wow, I was thinking the same thing last night.
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and start to look weird if I get below 160-165 lbs. I am focused less on the scale now than on being fit and strong and noticing how my clothes fit. I'm on Day 11 of 30DS and already notice an amazing difference! I highly recommend the program!
  • RebekahKuhl
    RebekahKuhl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8". I started out in 2009 at about 220 lbs when my daughter was a year old. Dropped 60 lbs in a year and then another 15 over the following 6 months. I maintained that for 2 years and then got pregnant with my son. I was back down around 150 lbs within 2 weeks after having him and have maintained for another year.

before_zps9583cfcd.jpg

threeyears_zps2762bc1a.jpg
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great.

I'm 5'8". I just started my journey but I can't wait to be able to share my success story and pics. :smile:
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • lbmade2crave
    lbmade2crave Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8", started at 210, just got to the 20 lb loss mark. I have a way to go but thanks for all the stories!!! I also just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! Oh, my.
  • lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'8" and this is my second time doing MFP. I did it 2 and 1/2 years ago when my goal was 150 by 50, and even though I didn't make it, I came pretty close. I started off at 195 and got down to 165, ran for the first time in my life and even completed 2 5k's and a sprint triathalon. But then I started to get really bad calf muscle pulls and that totally deflated me. At the first of this year I logged back in and started the process again and have lost 6 pounds so far. I love this site. It really helps you to stay focused and hooks you up with people in similar situations and with similar motivational roadblocks. We all help each other through. My birthday is in May and I'm determined to at least get back to where I was 2 years ago and continue from there. Good luck to you!
  • aubdavisniu
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and i currently weight 243. My goal weight is 175. I'm large framed and when I'm at that weight I wear a size 12 some 14's. I gained weight after my miscarriage and my divorce. But things are looking up for me! I've lost 4 lbs so far but I hope to get to my goal by August! Good luck and blessings to everybody! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!