1500 Calories/day & 4 to 5 gym days

Options
I've been averaging 1500 calories a day and exercise atleast 4 times a week for an hour and I've been stagnate for the past 2 weeks with my weight. I changed my diet and started a trainer 2 weeks ago yet no change in weight at all. However i feel amazing just would like the scale to reflect how i feel.

Suggestions on what I should change?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You could be holding water weight from exercise while losing real weight. Frustrating, I know, but keep doing what you're doing for a bit as far as workouts and see what happens.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
    Dont change a thing.

You are right on track.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    What you should change? Weighing yourself.

You feel better and you're active... what better reward is there than that?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Look less at the scales and more in the mirror. I suspect you're starting to like more and more what you see.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I "do" weights 2 or 3 times a week with Chalean; cardio afterwards when I have time, group cardio after school for 45 mins after work BUT I have lost 7+ inches this month, as of my last check, even if the pounds aren't flying off. I also feel amazing! We just have to keep at it!!!!
  • lythy77
    lythy77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i had the same thing.. however i know i lost weight as i had to make new holes in my belt..
    keep at it. you will gain a lot of muscle at the start so don't just go off the scales. you are right on track..
    weigh in time is best done in the morning after your first wee.
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    I've been averaging 1500 calories a day and exercise atleast 4 times a week for an hour and I've been stagnate for the past 2 weeks with my weight. I changed my diet and started a trainer 2 weeks ago yet no change in weight at all. However i feel amazing just would like the scale to reflect how i feel.

Suggestions on what I should change?

Hang in there. I just went through this and today finally loss! It's normal and you will break through it. Keep going!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If you really want to just see it on the scale, try weighing yourself the morning after a rest day. That's when I always see the lowest numbers.
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    I always noticed that the weeks I didn't lose pounds, I lost inches. You might try measuring both ways :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Nothing.
    Dont change a thing.

You are right on track.

This.

OP, if anything, bump your intake up a few hundred more calories (especially protein calories). I have a feeling you might not even eating at your BMR if you have a lot to lose.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I cannot see what the 1500 calories are comprised of so hard to provide suggestions on your nutrition. Remember you change from the inside out and you cannot rush the body. Overall sounds like you are on the right track so you must add to the journey practising patience. Stay the course and your body will change. Things to consider: adequate protein at each meal, proper hydration, 5-6 small meals rather than 3 large, adequate good fats, I think you said you were weight training which is imperative!, adequate sleep each night, limiting your refined foods... Keep it up!!!!!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great! 2 weeks is not a big deal, could just be a fluke.

Just make sure you're getting enough calories to support your new training. Can't build muscle if you don't have the building blocks! If you're only eating 1500 calories a day (you didn't mention whether this was net or gross, so I'm guessing) that might not be enough to support a good lifting program. I *net* about 1500 (at 176lbs and 5'2") and I only lift a couple times a week. My fiancee has to net quite a lot more to support her much more extreme rugby-training program and larger size. So depending on your size and what you're doing, it might be something to consider if you're looking to build muscle.
  • sportskid79
    Options
    Difference between the NET and GROSS is what?
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Difference between the NET and GROSS is what?

Gross - total calories in
    Net - total calories in minus total calories out

You want to be netting 1500, so eat back exercise!
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    Could be that you are building muscle in certain areas - so the fat keeps coming off but with that workout programme you are actually getting stronger denser muscles.
  • VonGerulis
    Options
    Emmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Here's my take on your issue.

- You might be not looking at all factors as someone mentioned. (%Body Fat, waist size, hips, chest, etc etc) You might be gaining muscle

- Do you count in hidden calories? is your diet protein rich?

- we don't know your physical situation in depth. E.g. 1500 kcal would put my body in starvation mode (body will start saving = storing fat). On paper you need to just cut calories. In real life keep your metabolism in high gear.

- Do you adjust your calories to your weight? every 2 kg lost you should re-calculate your calories.

- Like someone said, If you workout a lot you need to add calories to your diet to even out so to say and the afterburner effect will take care of the fat.

- If you workout with weights, do you feel weaker than when you started? if you do - you need more calories.

etc etc. If you need more info share more about your diet, training, daily routines etc
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Could be that you are building muscle in certain areas - so the fat keeps coming off but with that workout programme you are actually getting stronger denser muscles.

She is on a calorie deficit, she isn't building muscle.