Lisa Meets Onederland! Lots of pics...

Options
Lisah8969
Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
I finally did it! On my 345th day on MFP, I had my official Thursday weigh in at 199.2! Here are just a few of the changes in 345 days...

BMI - from 38.4 - 29.4 (wow...happy to only be overweight now!)
Weight - from 260 to 199.2
Clothing size - from 20/XXL to 14/L

A little background...I am 5'9". I didn't get any proper "before" pics and measurements b/c when I started this, I thought it would be like everything else and wouldn't work. I have never been so happy to be so wrong before! And to know it is as easy as everyone says. I have made modifications to my eating just to make everything I eat a little healthier. I have a turkey burger instead of a real burger. I eat less of pretty much everything.I wasn't really big on fast food before (though I was on pizza delivery!) and find that I truly don't want it that often any more. The one key thing I have found is that I don't deny myself anything. If I really want something...I have it! I do my best to make it fit my calories and macros for the day, but there is nothing that is off limits. I haven't felt deprived at all!

I exercise a lot now and truly enjoy it. I had done 4 half marathons before starting this, but had walked most of them. I finished my fifth half last month and while running some of it, took 26 minutes off my previous best time! I workout b/t 7 - 10 hours a week (depending on my training schedule) and it's very rare that the little voice in my head tries to tell me just to skip it! And the few times I do hear it, I don't listen. I just added weight lifting into my routine about a week ago and love the new feeling of soreness that I get from it.

Here are some before and during pics. I still have a way to go. I picked as my goal the weight to take my BMI out of "overweight" and into "healthy." Right now, it's just a number and once I get closer, I am sure I will re-evaluate. For now, it's a good goal.

Right before MFP at 260...

A_zpsb3cddf14.jpg

B_zpsc8ea91fe.jpg

At the end of September probably around 225 or so...

A2_zps54c96060.jpg

And yesterday at MFP day 345 and 199.2...

12413C_zps3068719b.jpg

12413B_zps47e92a7b.jpg

12413A_zpseca8bfb6.jpg
I did buy this dress! Love clearance stuff!!! LOL!

Sorry for posting so many pics...I just can't put into words how long it has been since I didn't cringe looking at myself in a picture.

Lastly, I need to thank the awesome MFP family! I have made a lot of new friends on this site and gotten so much good advice (and humor) from the forums. I couldn't have done it without all of you!

Replies

• LauraEMaurer
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are doing great!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Well done Lisa - you have done so darn well!!

and I am glad you bought that dress - it looks amazing on you and you will still be able to get away with it even if you drop more weight by cinching the waist in with a tighter belt. :)
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You encourage me!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing!! COngratz on your accomplishments. Your efforts have clearly paid off.. and good for you for not giving up. The weight didnt come on over night so it sure wasnt going to come off over night. Great persistence :)
  • alylee23
    Options
    You look fantastic! I am looking forward to being able to post pictures of myself in onederland. You are quite the inspiration!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Welcome to Onderland! =)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I hit Onderland on Tuesday just in time for my birthday, so I know exactly how you feel. BTW I loooove clearance stuff also.
  • lolo641
    lolo641 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's awesome , Good for YOU.. Thanks for posting , it's so inspiring to look at , and keep the rest of us motivated.:)
    Keep up the great work..
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    this is amazing, great job, and thanks for sharing your pics :smile:
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Your new dress looks amazing on your. great job!! all your hard work will keep paying off.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great. Also a great motivation story :)
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    that's awesome!!
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing! and love the dress! Keep up the good work!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Well done...that's great progress!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Be proud! you have done amazing and will continue to do so!! I'm still waiting on onederland and you've shown me it can be achieved!!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    congrats!
    you must be soo very proud of yourself
    thanks for sharing for wonderful story :)
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    congratulations and thank you for sharing your success.
  • kirstie3281
    kirstie3281 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations!! You are such an inspiration. Great job and keep up the amazing work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!