Options
I just joined this online site last night, but I've been tracking by phone for a month. Love, love, love the tracking device and so far, I've lost 9 pounds (that's with a sedentary lifestyle). Please write and encourage, I'm inviting you all to be my friends (LOL).

Thanks,

TorieTorie1

Replies

• ginaie
    ginaie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well done that's great progress! iv only been tracking for over a week and i have lost three . keep going theres some amazing examples of determination in this community, use them to keep you motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend too x
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! There is a ton of information and knowledge on here. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • nichelle02
    Options
    I'm new too and looking for encouraging friends. I'll do the same for you ! Please add me as a friend.
  • sgould625
    sgould625 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job losing 9 pounds. I haven't started excercising yet besides my Zumba class on Sunday nights. I have a pretty sedementary life with my job, school work, and volunteer work so I'm mainly relying on my reduced calories to drop weight. I love my fitness pal too. The part that makes it work for me is the fact that it tells me how much I will weigh in 5 weeks. That is so motivational for me! Welcome!
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good Day to you~ I am new too! Add me~
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Awesome being down 9lbs!! Congrats! Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • torietorie1
    Options
    Oh, wow! Thank you, guys for all the encouraging comments. I haven't logged in a while so I wasn't able to respond sooner. So tell me your short stories. What brought you to this application and how is it working for you all so far? I discovered this app. after broadcasted on my local news station. It just seems to fit my personality so well. A couple of years ago, I tried Weight Watchers, but the fees, the weigh-ins, etc. I think I'm a little too independent for that program. Back then I lost the weight, figured, "Hey, I can do this on my own...save some money!" Then went through a stressful period and the weight came back and then some.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your stories, and thanks again for replying!
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. Good job on your weight loss thus far!