Homemade almond milk recipe

Options
All-Natural Almond Milk

1 1/2 cups of raw almonds, soaked in water overnight
4 cups of filtered or spring water
3-5 dates (optional)
Blend 1 ½ cups of raw almonds that have been soaked overnight in 4 cups of water. Blend with dates if you like your milk with a hint of sweetness. Strain once to remove almond granules. The result is a delicious, creamy milk that is free of harmful vegetable oil, concentrated sweeteners, and the problems associated with cow’s milk and soy. It can be stored safely for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.

Found this at:

http://chetday.com/soymilk.htm

Replies

• krawls33
    krawls33 Posts: 58
    Options
    All-Natural Almond Milk

1 1/2 cups of raw almonds, soaked in water overnight
    4 cups of filtered or spring water
    3-5 dates (optional)
    Blend 1 ½ cups of raw almonds that have been soaked overnight in 4 cups of water. Blend with dates if you like your milk with a hint of sweetness. Strain once to remove almond granules. The result is a delicious, creamy milk that is free of harmful vegetable oil, concentrated sweeteners, and the problems associated with cow’s milk and soy. It can be stored safely for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.

Found this at:

http://chetday.com/soymilk.htm
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    this is wonderful. i'll try it!
  • krawls33
    Options
    I am glad you like it.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I have a 62oz container of almond milk that cost 5 bucks-I wonder if it would be cheaper to make my own. My only concern about making my own milk is that it's not fortified-no calcium,etc. Do they make anything like that you can add to homemade nut milks?
  • krawls33
    Options
    I am not sure.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    not trying to show my ignorance, but why would you make this? would you use it on cereal? or drink or cook with or what? How is it milk? what happens to the almonds? I have never heard of this, so I am curious. thanks
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    yes you can use it in place of anything you use regular milk on, and it does become just like regular milk only slightly different in color, and slightly sweeter.