My NSV - Levis

Options
rickpearce
rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
Some of you will relate to this I'm sure. For a long period of my life I'd given up wearing jeans because I couldn't get any that fit me in stores, unless I went to the old man section and got the ones with the elastic. Then I lost a little weight and found that Old Navy had some that fit, so I started wearing those. Size 44 in a loose/baggy cut. Over the years I'd buy new jeans as needed, pretty much always that size. About 2 years ago I actually tried to buy a pair of Levis at a dept store. I tried 44 in a loose cut - no dice. Couldn't even button them up. 46, same deal. I wanted to blow my brains out I felt so low.

Long story short. As I write this I'm wearing a size 40 straight cut Levis I picked up last night. They are a tiny but snug in the waist but not enough that its uncomfortable or anything. Obviously wearing a size 40 is nothing to aspire to but for the moment it feels great to be able to pull a pair of jeans off the rack in a normal store and have them fit me. I look forward to being able to walk into any store and buy something that fits.

Replies

• StaceyBear87
    Options
    That is an accomplishment! We have to celebrate everything, I am thrilled to be out of a size 26 and comfortably wearing my 22's!
    Keep up the good work and you will rock any jean from any store! :flowerforyou:
  • jodiem1
    Options
    That's Awesome! So Happy for you! keep up the good work!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    consider this...I had the same problem and I am a woman...had to resort to men's slacks...now fitting into a size 16 off the rack, ladies!! YAY me! I have a long way to go, but also have the confidence that I will be a size 10 some day in the not so distant future!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I totally get this. Levis are what i wore when i was a teenager, and as i grew to become obese, they became a distant memory.
    I have a pair of size 12s i can sqeeze into, but my NSV will come when i can get into them comfortably. Good for you!!!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Many of us know that feeling and can relate and know exactly how you feel! Keep up the hard work! Congratulations!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOO! Gotta love those NSV!! Keep it up!!!!!!
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I totally get this. Levis are what i wore when i was a teenager, and as i grew to become obese, they became a distant memory.
    I have a pair of size 12s i can sqeeze into, but my NSV will come when i can get into them comfortably. Good for you!!!

I am right there with you my friend. I need a new pair of jeans now since mine are getting way too baggy :happy: and my goal is to get a pair of Levi's. I have not had a pair on in about 30 years!

And note to the poster - You are doing an amazing job and you should celebrate this success! Go you!
  • mrsstevenson99
    mrsstevenson99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome!! Congrats! I'm looking forward to that same accomplishment....it's not nothing! You've done a great job!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This is a GR8T NSV and ironically an "anticipated" NSV for me. I have ALWAYS loved me a pair of LEVIS. Last I wore them I had to wear a men's sz 40 (560). I'm looking forward to trying on a pair, in the women's section, within the next cpl of mos.
    Again, Congrats to you!
  • k8krampe
    k8krampe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME and absolutely something to be proud of. I know what it's like to feel low about weight and jeans are my trigger for that 75% of the time. Why can't we all just have personal tailors for these things anyway?

Congrats to you! Something to celebrate for certain.
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Buying jeans in a regular store is something I aspire to as well. I am in a size 40 too but the trouble is that where I live regular stores only carry up to size 38. To make matters worse, the big and tall stores don't carry sizes as small as 40 unless it comes with a crazy tall inseam. Right now, I seem to be in a no man's land. Looking forward to losing about 10 more pounds to get myself down to a size 38 (and I am not stopping there).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!