One day cleanse! Clean eating! Join me!

Options
I wish I could do more than one day but I don't even know if I have the determination to complete the one day.

Buuuut , let's try :)

One day of ONLY fresh vegetables, some protein and water ! Only !

Join me?

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What are we cleansing?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    What are we cleansing?

^^I would like to know too.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I can only do it for a few hours with you. sorry it can't be the whole day.

I'll try.

baked potato
    steak medium rare
    apple slices
    banana
    avocado
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Cleansing your body of toxins I would assume.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Cleansing your body of toxins I would assume.

But which ones? I've heard that there are many.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I do a day "cleanse" every once in awhile, like once or twice a month when I feel like it, or when I'm getting sick. I usually just drink a lot of liquids like water & organic juice & tea.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do more than one day but I don't even know if I have the determination to complete the one day.

Buuuut , let's try :)

One day of ONLY fresh vegetables, some protein and water ! Only !

Join me?

That is a highly restrictive fad diet not clean eating. Clean eating is generally nutrient dense wholefoods, a balance of most or all food groups supplying ALL the nutrients the body needs for health and then some. The only thing clean eating restricts is processed/ junky/ refined cr@p.

Your body has many organs involved in 'detoxing' or 'cleansing' (excretion) on a daily basis all of which function best when supplied with a balance of macro and micro nutrients. Eating just vegetable matter and a little protein will not supply the bulk needed to stimulate the gut so you actually risk it slowing down and waste food festering in their longer than usual whilst 'toxins' and waste hormones are reabsorbed.

Contrary to popular belief fruits and vegetables are not healthier than nuts, seeds, dairy and oily fish, vitamins are not healthier than minerals or essential fatty acids.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I suppose what I'm doing today could be called a cleanse, since I've had one day of high fat and one day of pure crap. What I'm doing is eating right.
    Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast.
    Healthy lunch
    Healthy dinner
    A little treat over the course of the day.
    Plenty of water.
    All within my calorie goal.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I cleanse every day. Hit the shower in the morning, it's the only help your body needs with cleansing.
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'll let my organs do the cleaning and I'll do the eating....veggies, lean meat, potato, salad *yummm*
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just had a one day cleanse. Yesterday for lunch I had a Salsarita's chicken burrito bowl light on the rice, heavy on the black beans, with pico, hot salsa, jalapinos, lettuce, light cheese, cilantro. It must be the salsa and jalapinos, but 18 - 20 hours later I was thoroughly cleansed.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Oh. *That* type of cleanse. *puts away smudge sticks and slinks off*
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    If you want a quick cleanse, go to Izzo's, Chipotle, or Moe's.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Your body is capable of cleansing herself! Just feed your body with nutritious food and your body will do the rest of the part.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I found this on Sparkpeople:

"Most toxins reach the bloodstream when we swallow or inhale them. Others pass through our skin. Still others are released by dying cells or invading bacteria. The liver is the body’s purification plant. Toxins are filtered and removed from the blood and broken down in the liver before they can do harm. Toxins are also broken down by the kidneys and eliminated in the urine. Digestive acids and enzymes neutralize toxins which are then eliminated in the feces. Toxins can also be exhaled out of the body. The large intestine also contains hundreds of beneficial bacteria which also help to reduce toxin activity and side effects. As you can see, the body is designed to protect and cleanse itself."

I did a bit of research before answering, and it seemed like 'cleansing' isn't very beneficial. It appeared that eating healthy and exercising were the best things for the body. If you're drinking tons of alcohol and eating nothing but chips all day, no amount of cleansing is going to undo that damage. The best thing is to change the diet so the liver will have better things going through it, same with intestine, colon, skin, everything.

Just change your diet to be healthier. Sorry for all the smart alec responses on here. Hopefully this helped provide some insight on detox.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I cleanse with taco bell MUAHAHAH