Constantly over my sugar allowance!?

Options
Hi all, having just learned how to re-set my diary, I can see I am eating over my sugar allowance everyday, although Im within my calories nearly everyday and its not causing me to gain anyway weight, I am worried it can have adverse effects on health.
I do eat '5 a day' if not more of fruit and veg and I know some fruits are high in sugar but I have a sweet tooth and have sugar in tea and chocolate most days. Is this something I should be worrying about?
I am 5ft 3 and 115lbs.

Replies

• ChattyKathy316
    ChattyKathy316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same question! I added sugar as one of the pieces I'm tracking and was able to identify that the fat-free greek yogurt I was eating had a ton of sugar in it. I'll still eat it because it's convenient, but not every day. I'm eating quite a few fruits too, but figure if the sugar is coming naturally I won't worry about it so much. Looking forward to others thoughts though.
  • SpiderGirl78
    Options
    I've been reading previous posts and most people were consistent with the answer that naturally occurring sugars i.e in fruit are ok and not to panic about, so its not as bad I thought, I will just make an effort to cut down on processed sugars I think.