Healthy Filling Breakfast Ideas...For a Pregnant Lady?

Options
Hello! To start, I am about 6 months pregnant. I work from 7am to 5pm with a one-hour lunch at noon. I'm just looking for healthy filling breakfast ideas that will keep me going until that noon lunch. I've been trying special K chocolate cereal, but I'm thinking I need more protein than that to start my day. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal.
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Eggs!
    Oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter mixed in is one of my favorites.
    Mixing a half-scoop of protein powder in with breakfast cereal is a good way to add more protein to it; I use a chocolate protein powder in lower-sugar cereal, gives me more fiber and it's more filling, but still with some chocolatey goodness.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant I was hungry all the time. There was no way I could go from breakfast to lunch without a snack, even if my breakfast was on the bigger side. My breakfasts were usually some sort of egg (boiled, scrambled with cheese, omlette with either spinach and parmesan, or tomatoes and feta), toast with almond or peanut butter, and tea. If I was really hungry that morning I'd add either an Activia yogourt, or a cup of grapefruit juice. Careful with the suggestions about adding protein powder. I've never used it, but I read about some women whose doctors told them to avoid it during pregnancy (I don't know why, it's something you'd have to look into).

There's a pregnancy group on here you should check out (if you haven't already) called "Fit, Fabulous, & Pregnant". Loads of women going through the same thing. You can also add me as a friend, if you'd like. I'm 12 weeks postpartum with my first baby, so I was in your shoes not that long ago!

:flowerforyou:
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I use a Garden of Life Vegan/Raw Protein powder (cocao flavor!)- it's dairy and soy free- and my guess is it is less likely to have trace heavy metals in it than more processed stuff like Muscle Milk.

But- DEFINITELY don't take that suggestion if your doctor or research suggests otherwise- I have yet to be pregnant so I didn't know that was an issue- thanks, jls8209, for pointing that out!!!!!