Options

Replies

• Br00ksy73
    Options
    Garmin 910xt for me!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. Got an Amazon GC for my birthday the year before, I found the card and thought "hey that almost pays for the HRM"

One of the most important tools for my fitness journey.
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar H7 and use it with my iPhone. I like it because it works with runkeeper, and other apps through bluetooth, and I upload my workout automatically to the polarpersonaltrainer website.

Carrie
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 and Iove it!
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT7. I like it but I do have problems sometimes getting. It to connect to the transmitter and the strap does take some getting used to.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use the Timex HRM. I think that it is a little 'generous' on how much it thinks I am actually burning. I tend to discount it 20%.

Any HRM is better than no HRM. It is a great tool as part of your overall fitness program.

Good luck!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    POLAR FT7 all the way!!! Whoop! Whoop!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT4 too and really like it.

OP, just wanted to make sure you realize that these HRMs are to use only during exercise, not all day like the FitBit.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    One more comment.

I would get one that is encoded (I think that is the term) so that your watch won't pick up the signal from the person on the treadmill next to you. The watch for an encoded HRM only can 'understand' the signal from YOUR chest strap.

I share this because is was killing it doing interval training on a treadmill with my old Polar watch and my heart rate kept showing approx 110 when I KNEW it was in the 160-170 range. Turns out I was picking up the signal from the gal next to me!

Good luck!
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 - Battery is replaceable.
  • GettingFitToLIVE
    Options
    I have used a Polar FT4 since last spring and love it. Nothing i don't like about it. Reasonably priced and works great.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the Polar FT7. Price not bad. I'm a beginner with this so it's working ok for me. Although, I am a little frustrated with the calorie burns because I bust my butt and sweat like you wouldn't believe during RIPPED, Intervelocity, and Tabata classes. I'll keep using it for sure and use my training files to compare my workouts and plot my progress. Good luck in your search.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly cheap so I bought a HRM from wal-mart. They only had one available that came with a chest strap & counted calories. That was all I needed so I decided against the more expensive Polar models. It ran around $50 or so. I've had it for almost 2 months and it works great!
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT60. I use it 1-2 times a day 6x a week.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Another Polar FT4 here - cannot recommend it highly enough!
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT7
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have a timex one. It's not fancy because I didn't need anything complicated. Just something to track my calories with and it seems to be doing the job just fine. I like it.
  • triplearcher
    Options
    Another Timex user here. I use the Ironman Road Trainer full-size. Never had any trouble with reliability or picking up the heart rate. I'm pretty sure it is showing gross calories so I use a web-based calculator to convert the calories to net since I record net on MFP. This watch is $75 on Amazon.

When I grow up and make lots of money, my next one will be the Garmin 610...
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Timex. It's very basic (as it's $30.00 price tag suggests). I don't plug my personal information into it. It gives me a running heart rate, and at the end of an exercise session, I can see average heart rate, maximum heart rate, and time elapsed.

I've been learning a lot about my body though. I was suprised with how simple daily tasks really up that heart rate. Vacuuming, for instance and other household chores for as long as I keep moving.

I doubt that I'll upgrade. I'm 62 and have no intention of becoming an athlete where I need to know more. I just want to be more effective on this "ME" refitting project
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - works great, had it about two years now and very happy with it.