2 small NSVs

Options
So yesterday I had 2 NSVs that I know are quite small in the grand scheme of things, but felt huge at the time.

1) At the gym, I do Stronglifts 5x5, and today used the "big boy" plates - the 20kg/45lb ones - for the first time on my deadlift. Felt good to be using them :) Also, in the evening I mentioned to my wife that the weight I'm squatting is roughly equivalent to having 3 copies of our (nearly) 4 year old on my shoulders, and her jaw literally dropped :)

2) Around 10 years ago, the belt I used most often was a plain black leather one that had belonged to my grandfather, so has a lot of sentimental value. It has 5 holes, plus an extra one added because it was too loose when I was a teenager. Somewhere along the line i stopped using it, and the last time I tried to use it, it didn't even meet around my waist, never mind buckle up. Tried it yesterday, and I could do it up on the 4th hole - the 2nd tightest original hole! It was only then that my wife realised that I've lost about 5 inches off my waist since July. :)

Replies

• Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! gotta love the belt for gauging weight loss!!! keep up the good work!! x
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

Just had a long squash session against an equally matched opponent. Knackered now though.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Love the belt NSV :) Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I actually checked, and it's 6 holes, and I had it on the 5th, still the 2nd tightest. Last night, I got it onto the tightest. :)
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Great NSV Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!