New Here and I need Help

Options
HI I am new an joined about 4 days ago, loving it and it has really opened my eyes to what I eat.

I have tried lots of diets not working, I need more will-power!

I am however really struggling to stay within my calorie limit :(

I am hoping this will get better over time and am going to stick it out but any comments welcome

Replies

• Emmalilly83
    Options
    Hey don't worry you will soon get to grips with having less calories. Try filling up with water before a meal. I always have a large glass before and then stops me from feeling hungry. Hope thins helps and good luck!!
  • Key0970
    Key0970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    dont threat the days you go over, in the grand scheme of things it doesnt matter just pick yourself up dust yourself down and start again every day if you have to until you can stick to it, its so easy to give in at first but it does get better :)
  • jshot278
    jshot278 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been making a vegetable soup & eating it with or between meals. You can use most any vegetables u want. I usually do
    carrots, cabbage, diced tomatoes, celery & onion. I use a no or low fact chicken or beef broth. If I want some heat, I add Cheyenne
    pepper. If you need some protein, add a can of black beans. These ingredients are good cause you'll get extra fiber that's not only
    good for you, it helps u feel full.
  • gizmo1166
    gizmo1166 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I also joined this week and am so far so good. getting abit confused as some of the calories look abit odd, OAts so simple with 1% milk is less calories than made with ) fat milk but hey, whats a few discrepancies.

I'm fed up lining the pockets of ww and other well known diet companies so thought I would give this a try and see how i get on.

Be great to strike up a few friends on here to compare notes with and any handy hints and tips always welcome. I haev alot of weight to lose and some serious fitness to regain so I'm hoping I'll be on the boards for some considerable, but successful time.
  • kats1108
    Options
    It will get better :) After 3 wks, I went back & compared my 1st wk to the most recent one. The improvements were amazing! I am sure you will be able to do the same. It just takes a bit of time to balance it out. I cut my sodium intake by over 60% in just the first wk of holding myself accountable. Good luck! You can do this!!
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It will get better :) After 3 wks, I went back & compared my 1st wk to the most recent one. The improvements were amazing! I am sure you will be able to do the same. It just takes a bit of time to balance it out. I cut my sodium intake by over 60% in just the first wk of holding myself accountable. Good luck! You can do this!!

Agreed. The best part about the food diary is it lets you know where you are going wrong, and helps you hold yourself accountable.
    I'm less likely to buy that bag of cheesies now when I see what it does to my daily results.
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    if your food choices were over the top before MFP, and now you are looking to streamline and clean up your dietary habits, i would suggest one vice per week. for EXAMPLE:, you drink 2% milk and want to switch to skim (personally, i like the creaminess of 2%, but can essentially do without the added fat/cals, and until my taste buds accepted the fact, i thought skim tasted like water), start this first, then the next week start eliminating soda, then pick something else you need to tweak the next week, be it total calories or even adding more exercise. and you really dont have to eliminate foods all together, just learn moderation in consumption.

i think a lot of people who do a total 180 lifestyle change all at once have a hard time adapting. it gets easier one step at a time. just gotta give your body/mind time to adjust, it does get easier. i cant even stomach french fries anymore, be made at home in the oven or from a restaurant. generally speaking the slower the wt comes off the longer it will stay off. and be realistic about the lifestyle changes you can sustain LONG TERM. sure, we could be fanatical with food and exercise and drop 20lbs in no time, but is the effort it took to do that sustainable long term, and healthy? good luck on your journey!!