New mantra for 2013..

Options
Today while I was jogging around my complex, I saw several looks while people drove by. You see, I am still a VERY big girl and I have lots of jiggly bits! As they were jiggling, I recited this mantra to myself- "You can't fix stupid, but I can fix fat!" lol. I have decided that I could care less what others think. I just wanted to share with everyone in case some other 250+ people out there are afraid to jiggle their bits... Jiggle away, cause one day soon, there will be much less to shake!
Peace and blessings!

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No one who takes fitness seriously

seeing you take the bull by the horns

thinks anything other than

"GO, MOMMA! KILL IT!"
  • fatladysings72
    Options

"GO, MOMMA! KILL IT!"

THANKS! I hope you are right, then again, if not who cares!!! LOL!
  • MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    When I see people bigger than me running I think "Wow, they are awesome. I have no excuse not to workout today". You should be really proud of yourself. They aren't running! you are! get em girl!
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    When I see people bigger than me running I think "Wow, they are awesome. I have no excuse not to workout today". You should be really proud of yourself. They aren't running! you are! get em girl!

I am jiggling my way to tiny..the sad thing is I am not sure that many big girls and guys read the posts in the fitness and exercise forum. I hope they do. I had to stop when my knees started hurting and then I just walked really fast. It felt AWESOME though.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    you've got this, it's awesome that you aren't letting them discourage you!!!
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement guys!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You just take care of YOU! Most are admiring you, believe me!
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The older I get, the more I care less about what others think, and the more I care about what I think. Trite I know, but true. Keep up the good work, and be gentle to those knees.
  • Misseena
    Misseena Posts: 55 Member
    Options

"GO, MOMMA! KILL IT!"

THIS!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

"GO, MOMMA! KILL IT!"

THANKS! I hope you are right, then again, if not who cares!!! LOL!

He's right...there is an older, heavyset woman who walks my country road. I first saw her in the summer...and I thought...good for you, get out there and do something. I just saw her out there last weekend in the freezing cold and I thought, DAMN! kill it! you go. And then I thought, I gotta get to the gym.

screw the haters.

Edit: I can't wait to see her next summer looking leaner...cause she wants it..it will happen. And then I'm going to talk to her! I'd do it now..but that would involve me being outside in the cold...brrr.
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are as inspiring to them as you are to me. If not, screw 'em. Do it anyway--for YOU!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Excellent attititude!!! you go girl!!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    the only thing i would think was "wow, what an inspiration, good for you", they were more than lightly thinking the same thing hun
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are changing the attitudes of alot of people. You are showing them that overweight people don't just sit on their arses. ;-) (Not that I think that - I don't.) Good for you!!! AND...I love your attitude!
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    Thank you everyone! My goal is to run a 5k by next year if my knees will let me. If not there is always walking.
  • SisterSinBin
    Options
    I am proud of you!!!!
    5K is difficult! Just remember, even if you have to walk SOME of it....you STILL BEAT THE SOFA at home!
    I am working towards running a COMPLETE 5K...and I am determined to run UP Hospital Hill this year....without the need for O2!

You can do it! I'm behind you, or beside you....either way, you will do it!
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    I know you can do it too! Thanks for your support...(like Bartles and Jaymes)... tee hee!