question about weighing

Options
i heard that if you wear clothes its 2 pounds more for you on the scale is this correct? the reason I asked is because the scale weighed me at 181 pounds so I am not sure if I log it as 179 since with clothes it adds 2 pounds more? or log as 181 pounds.

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Weigh without clothes.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    The weight of your clothes is going to differ all the time. Best thing to do...jump on the scale naked. Then you will always be comparing apples to apples.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Unless you'll otherwise be weighing in naked, it doesn't make sense to change the number based on the fact that you're wearing clothes today.

Or do you plan to always deduct 2 lbs? And, if so, what's the point?
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    okay thanks I will try that.
  • alwaysthefatguy
    alwaysthefatguy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    best to use the higher number, but you really should weigh yourself in your underwear and at the same time each week to keep it as accurate as possible
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself in my underwear. In the morning. Before I eat and start drinking my water.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter. Choose one way to weigh yourself, (either clothed or naked), and just make sure you do it the same way every time.
  • jessecka1014
    Options
    I always weigh first thing in the AM after the bathroom.. and always in my underwear.
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Weigh in the morning, naked. That is the most accurate...

I have a co worker who always weighs herself at work, AFTER LUNCH... Its extremely annoying to me..

i heard that if you wear clothes its 2 pounds more for you on the scale is this correct? the reason I asked is because the scale weighed me at 181 pounds so I am not sure if I log it as 179 since with clothes it adds 2 pounds more? or log as 181 pounds.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Think about the big picture... why does it matter? Why does the actual number on the scale matter rather than the change in that number over time? Do you really care what you weigh, or do you care that you weigh less than you did last week?

But to your question... just be consistent. If you weigh yourself in jeans today, weigh yourself in jeans everyday.
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    I've just started, but in the past I just always weigh in the am in my pjs. Whatever as long as it's consistent.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Think about the big picture... why does it matter? Why does the actual number on the scale matter rather than the change in that number over time? Do you really care what you weigh, or do you care that you weigh less than you did last week?

But to your question... just be consistent. If you weigh yourself in jeans today, weigh yourself in jeans everyday.

it's consistency that matters - although - if weighing at a chemists or supermarket you may like to avoid the naked bit! :drinker:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Consistency is all that matters.

Though I would suggest weighing without shoes, simply because that's where most of clothing weight comes from.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe I am anal, but when winter set in, I weighed myself with my clothes and then without so that I could figure in my clothing weight. Seriously, I know about what my clothes weigh, which is 4 lbs. with my shoes. My winter pajamas weigh one pound. :embarassed:
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, after i pee, naked.
  • abasmom
    abasmom Posts: 49
    Options
    first thing in the morning, after i pee, naked.
    me too :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Weigh without clothes.

then with clothes and you'll know ...
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    I always weigh naked, once a week and at the same time in the morning before I eat or drink anything;)