Healthy alternative to flavired coffee creamers

Options
Any ideas for a healthy low sugar replacement for international delight coffee creamers?
I can't (don't want to) do without my morning cup of yummy flavored coffee,
But I hate starting my day w 30+ grams of sugar.

Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I buy a flavored coffee, And just use milk & stevia. Still has flavor---less calories :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is only 40 calories for a whole cup. I usually add 1/4 cup to my coffee.
  • mssweetj
    mssweetj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    have you tried the sugar free or cut down your serving?
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Make your own--you can use whatever all natural extract you like.

http://heymommywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2011/01/clean-eating-coffee-creamer.html
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i like the coffee mate natural bliss. the low fat vanilla. has 20 cal and 3g of sugar =)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Pre-flavored coffee plus artifical sweetener and skim or low fat milk.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Sugar free flavored coffee creamer works.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    a quality vanilla extract can't be beat. sweeten and cream how you like.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Add some cinnamon and ground nutmeg to your coffee grounds before you brew the coffee. Then add low fat milk to your cup.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for a healthy low sugar replacement for international delight coffee creamers?
    I can't (don't want to) do without my morning cup of yummy flavored coffee,
    But I hate starting my day w 30+ grams of sugar.

Intl Delight and Coffemate both have sugar free versions that save a lot of calories and sugar grams. I have used the SF Hazelnut for years.

I am cutting back on carbs wherever I can now, and I have switched from the SF creamers to 1 TBSP of heavy cream with a TBSP of Torani sugar free flavored coffee syrups.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I hated when people gave me this advice, but just get used to drinking coffee black. It isn't that hard. You just have to slowly decrease the ammount of cream / sugar you use. Try to cut back a little each week.

in the mean time sugar free coffee mate, or flavored splenda can be useful
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So delicious Coconut milk creamer. Also have french vanilla and hazelnut flavors. It is non-dairy and in health food section of most stores. 1 tbsp - 10 cal for original flavor, 1 carb and 1 sugar. The flavors are 20 cal, 4 carb and 4 sugar.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free french vanilla from Aldi....
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I add cinnamon to the grounds. And recently have been adding almond milk and coconut oil and it's DELISH!
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I drank coffee, I LOVED:

-silk soymilk creamer
    -so delicious coconut creamer
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I use skim milk and Torani sugar-free flavored syrup. Not perfect, and it doesn't taste as rich, but it'll do. Sometimes I'll drink plain old black coffee--definitely not something I would have considered 10 years ago, but I guess it's an acquired taste as I get older. (I used to be repulsed by the fact that my mom and dad drank black coffee when I was growing up!)
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is only 40 calories for a whole cup. I usually add 1/4 cup to my coffee.

Thank you for this idea! I think I'll try to buy flavored coffee and do this instead of regular coffee and unsweetend vanilla creamer.I hate drinking my calories but I get up to around 100 calories just in creamer! :drinker:
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    International Delight Liquid Coffee Creamer, French Vanilla, Sugar-Free

1 T./serving = 20 cal., 1g carb, 2g fat, 0g protein, 0mg sodium, 0g sugar
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    *Vanilla or almond extract (or any flavor of your choice)
    *sprinkle cinnamon in your cup
    *flavored coffees
    *sugar free creamers and sugars (yuck I personally hate the taste of them)
    *practice moderation - my morning cup is about 50 cals (caramel vanilla k-cup, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, and a few teaspoons of powdered creamer)
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options

Love unsweetened vanilla almond milk .... however, it tastes like butt in coffee