May Cardio Challenge: 360 Minutes/Week!

Options
Hi Everybody,
The goal is to get in 360 minutes of sweaty, heart pumping cardio every week!! You can mix it up however you want to so that it fits into your schedule. Choose whatever exercise works for you ~ all are welcome here!! The point is to move our bodies more in May so lets pump it up!!!!

Plan on either latin dance or a walk/jog when I get home from work!

Hope to hear from everybody!!
Janet:heart:

Replies

• cpatt
    cpatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! I am in :)
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    count me in... I also have a goal of 100 miles for the month of May so this will be very helpful.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    im in as well and this is just the kick I need.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sure, I will give it a whirl! I need something to help motivate to get back to working out more.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Woohooo!!!!! :) I'm REALLY gonna need this - went so far off track this weekend it's scary!!!!:ohwell: Thanks for starting the thread - I'll report back in later tonight.
  • biggieshorty
    Options
    I'm in. I think I can do it. I'm doing 1 hour of Zumba tonight. I wanted to modify my workout plan this month anyway. I'm doing just cardio. No strength training. My scale hasn't moved this month and I'm hoping this will make a difference.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OK, I found it...

I couldn't work out today...I worked a 12 hour shift and died when I got home

So, tomorrow already signed up for a class at the gym...have to squeeze in something as we are having an egress window put in and a new furnace, hot water tank and air conditioner...I hate having to be home all day.

Good luck everyone,

Kim
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Woohooo!!!!! :) I'm REALLY gonna need this - went so far off track this weekend it's scary!!!!:ohwell: Thanks for starting the thread - I'll report back in later tonight.

I didn't do it yet. Guess that makes today my "off" today and I"ll get something done tomorrow. I'm determined. I will do it.
  • OnieBee
    Options
    accomplished 60 minutes on the elliptical as well as 30 mins (cool down) on the tredmill
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    54 minutes for me

6 on the eliptical (it had something wrong with it and I couldnt deal)
    rest on the stationary bike.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I got 53 in, between the elliptical and stationary bike!
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I wanna try this!!! 360 min goal for the week would be awesomeee!!!
    Ok last night..... I did 75 Min (bike, treadmill, swim).
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi all, have lots of house renovating going on today (major renovating) and I worked yesterday (12 hours). I can totally make up for it the rest of the week. I am excited about who is the winner for the month. Winner can pick the next challenge. What torture can it be...hopefully, not the 30 day shred, he, he
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Challengers!!
    OMG Look at all of us willing to do this ~ FANTASTIC!! Looking forward to getting to know you all and continuing on the mission with my Peeps from the other thread!!

WELCOME ALL:
    Cassie
    OnieBee
    Shanerylee
    Starkiss
    Smiles
    Kim
    Biggie
    Uconncoed
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Okay, So last night was a total bust : got home, loved and fed the 4 dogs, took out trash, cooked dinner, got coffee and vitamens ready for this morning and by now 730p. Popped the samba reggae dvd in and it wasn't working - infact NONE of my dvds were reading!! Yes, it's an old dvd player but bad time to conk out, right? So I'm all in my w/o gear and so I start jumping up and down - trying to get my heart rate up and it's just not working... at all.:grumble: I was mixing like every w/o i use and could never quite land. I did 25 min but only burned 97 cals - talk about defocused!! I ended up at Wally World and got a cheap dvd player - Which I used this morning.!!
    So far 20 min cardio boot camp in -for 147 cals!
    I am def going for a walk/jog when I get home ~ hope you all are having a fantastic day!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone too!
    Bummer that your DVD conked out - but hilarious you ended up going to get one the very same night. For those of you who don't know yet, Janet doesn't fool around! :wink:

Thanks to this challenge - I think I'm back on board after a few days of sluggishness. I went for a run /walk this afternoon. 47 minute jog, 11 minute walk - HRM says I torched 608. Felt good to get moving again.

Kim - I like the idea of the winner picking the next challenge. That's motivating.... I keep plotting what evil torture we can follow up with in June..:laugh:
  • OnieBee
    Options
    Thank you for your welcome and encouragement.... Today I did the elliptical for 30 and did strength training for 30 minutes.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Can I join in?!! I could be doing a lot of cardio for the rest of the week though as I only did 35 minutes yesterday and none today!
    Kim S.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! And the challenge. Its great!

I did 29 mins of Run (and a little walking) outside in the insane MIAMI HEAT! So total for the week so far: 104 mins
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Peeps,
    Welcome Kim S. -of course you're welcome; glad you're here!!
    Warrior Kim -Love the idea of winner pick the next challenge - the shred .... you're just brutal!! :laugh:
    Smiles - look who's talkin' - you don't play either girl with your smokin' 600+ cals !! Outstanding!!
    Uconn- great job on the 29 min run in the HEAT!! I'm impressed!!

As for me, I walked/jogged 3miles after work 40 min Yea !! and topped it off with 15 min of jump rope and jumping jax for a 300 cal burn - that make 487 cals for me today!

Hope all had a great day and will be checking in tommorrow!!

• ljackson1228
    ljackson1228 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also in. I already do 50 minutes of cardio. I do both the elliptical and the treadmill (walk/run) at an incline. I usually burn 500-600 calories on cardio alone each workout. I try to work out 5 days a week.....no less than 4.