Hello from a newbie!

Options
Hello all! I'm Carrie and I'm here to get inspiration from everyone and hopefully lose a whole bunch of weight and become fit again for the first time since I was in my teens! I'm a stay at home/work at home mom (I'm a wedding photographer) who spends a lot of time on the computer working so my activity level up until this point and been near nothing other than my weddings. I did Weight Watchers last summer and lost 30 pounds, but I stopped doing it once I got into my high season. The weight kept off until the holidays and I gained 15 of the 30 back.

I rejoined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago and have lost 13 pounds in3 weeks, but the big difference between this time and last time is that I'm working out which is something that I really haven't done since my daughter was born almost 7 years ago. I've been doing the 30 day shred since last Saturday and I already feel a difference and yesterday I started doing level one in the morning and level 2 in the evening which will hopefully help me out even more.

My main goal is to be healthy , but I'd love to be able to run and not be out of breath. I'd also LOVE to lose the double chin look I feel like I've been sporting for far too long and most of all......I'm ready to say good-bye to shopping at Lane Bryant (I'm finally in their smallest size but now I'm a little nervous to shop elsewhere.......I'll miss the spandex!!)

Anyways, hi and I look forward to being inspired and to making new friends!

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good for you for already losing weight!
  • CarrieBombria
    CarrieBombria Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good for you for already losing weight!

Thanks! And beautiful profile pic btw!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! Good luck on losing weight. I may not work from home.. but I sit in a computer all day at work. SO I know the feeling.

you can do this!!!

Feel free to add me
  • hollyjjohnson
    hollyjjohnson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm relatively new as well...but I love this site and have found some great support from friends! Feel free to add me as a friend -- I have a pretty sedentary job as well, but am a committed exerciser. Unfortunately, I"m also a committed emotional-eater...thus the reason for me being on this site. :tongue:

Good luck on your journey!
  • CarrieBombria
    Options
    WELCOME!! Good luck on losing weight. I may not work from home.. but I sit in a computer all day at work. SO I know the feeling.

you can do this!!!

Feel free to add me

It's certainly hard when you have to sit in front of the computer all day, but thankfully being self-employed means that my boss is okay with me taking workout breaks!! :laugh:
  • CarrieBombria
    Options
    Welcome! I'm relatively new as well...but I love this site and have found some great support from friends! Feel free to add me as a friend -- I have a pretty sedentary job as well, but am a committed exerciser. Unfortunately, I"m also a committed emotional-eater...thus the reason for me being on this site. :tongue:

Good luck on your journey!

I was just a crappy eater!! Lots of veggies and fruits in my diet now and for me it's been a HUGE change. Trying to step out of my comfort zone in 2013!!!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcomes! Welcomes! Congrats on the initial weight loss and good luck on the rest of the journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like! =)
  • irishkittie
    irishkittie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to sitting in front of the computer all day, I own an online business so I'm basically attached to my laptop. I'm new to this site but the encouragement from others and seeing everyone else working at this alongside you is really motivating. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like and we can encourage each other.

And I think there are a lot of us who look forward to the day we no longer need to even look at a Lane Bryant :)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I think a ton of us can relate to sitting in front of a computer all day!

Welcome! It sounds like you're off to a great start! Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • CarrieBombria
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation everyone......I need it! I spotted a new pair of sneakers I'm going to buy myself when I lose another 10 pounds. Who thought there would be a day that I would look forward to a pair of sneakers over some heels or cute flats?!!