Craving Chinese

Options
I need Chinese food in my life tonight! Any suggestions on what to get that won't kill my calorie count for the day?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How about making stir fry with spaghetti squash!!
  • lprictoe
    Options
    steamed chicken and broccoli, get sauce on the side and just add a little
  • breeshabebe
    Options

I hear that's really yummy!
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually get steamed shrimp and broccoli, sauce on the side (about 1/2 cup poured over OR if I dunk each piece, it's less) and I eat 1/2 cup of the steamed rice.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Steamed veg. 1/2 c. brown rice if you absolutely feel the need for rice.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know it's not real chinese food perse.... but you can eat low calories at Panda Express (if you have one in your area).... the sodium may be a little high, but the calories can be low, provided that you eat your entree with the veggies and not the chow mein, fried rice, or steamed rice.

good luck to you.... sometimes when you have a craving you need to fullfill it as smart as possible
  • KristinC717
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Looks like I'm going the steamed route! I am looking up the stir fry with pumpkin squash recipe now. That sounds delish and maybe a good meal idea for the week.
  • KristinC717
    Options
    spaghetti squash! geesh trying to work and post is not working LOL
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Tell me more! Do you bake the spaghetti squash first, and scoop it out when its stringy, then stir fry?
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    It's super easy! You just cut it in half(thats probably the hardest part) scrape out the seeds, put a thin layer of coconut oil on both halves and throw them in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. When you take it out the oven you just scrape the squash out and it automatically comes out stringy. Last time I cooked it, it had a slight crunch to it. You may be able to cook it down more in a skillet or something if you want it a little mushier. Also, I know people who just throw the whole squash in the oven with out cutting it.

Then you just cook down shrimp with red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers, with onions, mushrooms and basically whatever you like with any type of flavor enhancer.

Its delish, I made it last night and I'm eating it for lunch. The great thing is that you are filling up on veggies!