creative ways to increasse protein?

Options
Hi, so I know I need to increase my protein intake by quite a bit, and I am already drinking a protein shake for breakfast everyday, what else can I do food wise to boost protein?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Eat oily fish and seafood, add nuts and seeds to your snacks.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    eat some animals
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    egg whites
    lots of them
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Nuts (almonds) you can even get them in nifty little 100 calorie packs. I really like Emerald Cocoa Dusted nuts. They are delicious, help me with my chocolate craving and are loaded with healthy fats and protein.
    Eggs and egg white blend. I usually have 2 whole grade a eggs and 2 egg whites from Egg Beaters and make a really delicious protein packed omelette.
    Soy milk or just regular milk. Often I'll have a glass of chocolate milk after a run. It is so yummy and loaded with protein.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    eat some animals

^^^ This.

You can easily get over 100 g protein with eggs, fish, meat, nuts, seeds, and beans without needing to fill up on protein drinks that may have added sugars. No need to be creative about it....sometimes the best answers are the easiest.
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Try adding protein powder (I usually use Sunwarrior) to meals you cook. For instance, I make protein bars using some of Jamie Eason's recipes.... or protein pancakes... or protein oatmeal bars... they are quick and easy on the go snacks that pack in some additional protein. :)
  • EKN1417
    EKN1417 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The best strategy is to try and get a good amount of protein in ay every meal so you can still eat things you like and meet your macros.

I am not a big cook, so I use a lot of no-prep protein sources during the day and then cook up an animal protein and veggies for dinner. Some of the things I use throughout the day to meet my protein needs are:
    Cottage Cheese
    Regular Cheese
    Whole wheat
    Quinoa
    Greek Yogurt (plain Fage has high protien...add your own fruit)
    Canned Tuna
    Pre-prepared chicken breasts
    Nuts
    Peanut Butter

You could EASILY meet your protien reqs and stay low cal with a menu that looked soemthing like:
    Meal 1: Protein shake
    Meal 2/snack: Fage plain 0% and fruit of your choice
    Meal 3/Lunch: Salad with Chicken Breast
    Meal 4/Snack: 1 cup cottage cheese mixed with vegetable of your choice
    Meal 5: Fish + vegetables

You will easily be over 100g with very little cooking and still stay low cal and yummy.
  • nyusha
    nyusha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 120g/ day - feel free to add me to see what i eat.

But, in general - tuna, greek yogurt, chicken, eggs, egg whites.