Baby weight

Options
Did anyone find it harder to lose weight after having a baby?

Replies

• mat0019
    Options
    Yes!! When I had my son 3 years ago, I lost the weight fast. Now, that I have had my daughter 9 months ago, I can't get the weight off as quick. I can't seem to get motivated.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I think the only reason it would be hardER is trying to find time to dedicate to you, to hold yourself back from buying junk that you'll get into because the kids like it... not putting yourself as a priority...
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i still havent lost the last 10lbs from my soon to be 13yo!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've always been told it was harder, but I'll be completely honest - I think the only reason it's "harder" is because you're losing sleep from the baby, and your hormones are going nuts still while you BF, and in my case, I had NEVER been "overweight" before. For the first time I was staring at a pudgy belly and somehow expected it to melt right off, even though I wasn't as active as I had been and craved all the bad foods I'd been eating while I was pregnant. Be honest! Most of us give in to all sorts of bad habits during pregnancy. I don't think more than a few days went by where I wasn't eating a pan of brownies, or a milkshake, or pizza... It's hard to stop doing bad things when you've done them for 9 months. :)
  • laurenmchugh3
    laurenmchugh3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I try and encourage my son to eat healthy but me and my boyfriend don't and my son is picking up our bad habits that needs to stop! i had a c section two years ago and my body has never been the same i used to be able to lose 7 pound in two weeks easy now i struggle with two!
  • laurenmchugh3
    Options
    I've always been told it was harder, but I'll be completely honest - I think the only reason it's "harder" is because you're losing sleep from the baby, and your hormones are going nuts still while you BF, and in my case, I had NEVER been "overweight" before. For the first time I was staring at a pudgy belly and somehow expected it to melt right off, even though I wasn't as active as I had been and craved all the bad foods I'd been eating while I was pregnant. Be honest! Most of us give in to all sorts of bad habits during pregnancy. I don't think more than a few days went by where I wasn't eating a pan of brownies, or a milkshake, or pizza... It's hard to stop doing bad things when you've done them for 9 months. :)

Defo! i would crave junk food all the time it got to the point i didnt think it was really that bad
  • chanice11
    chanice11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it can vary so drastically. With my first child (a boy), I did all the right things, and it took a year to lose the weight. then with my daughter, I lost everything in 2 months!
    With the hormones and loss of sleep, it is much harder than losing weight without a newborn.
  • Sophia00123
    Options
    YES! i had my daughter 8 months ago, I lost most of the weight pretty quickly, but now im stuck with those last 15 pounds! Im struggling to get those off, even with a healthy diet. I try to exercise, but now she's crawling so I cant just take off when i want to (she's a mouth baby!). try working out when baby is asleep (if he/she is still little), or even packing them up in the stroller to go with you. that helps for me! also i was reading online yesterday that there are plenty of little things to do to help burn more calories, obviously these alone will not shed the pounds fast but they do work to keep you trim overtime- standing when working at the computer (as im doing now! ;), pacing while on the phone, even fidgeting can help burn a little extra. hope this helps!
  • laurenmchugh3
    Options
    YES! i had my daughter 8 months ago, I lost most of the weight pretty quickly, but now im stuck with those last 15 pounds! Im struggling to get those off, even with a healthy diet. I try to exercise, but now she's crawling so I cant just take off when i want to (she's a mouth baby!). try working out when baby is asleep (if he/she is still little), or even packing them up in the stroller to go with you. that helps for me! also i was reading online yesterday that there are plenty of little things to do to help burn more calories, obviously these alone will not shed the pounds fast but they do work to keep you trim overtime- standing when working at the computer (as im doing now! ;), pacing while on the phone, even fidgeting can help burn a little extra. hope this helps!

Thank you I think my biggest problem is not having any me time as it is never mind finding time to exercise lol x