how to maintain weight loss ?

jj_22_uk2002
jj_22_uk2002 Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
im a few pounds from my goal , but what do i do when i get there ? my goal is 140lb , im 143 , how do i maintain it ? eat more i guess but how much more, im on 1200 at mo

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    If you don't trust yourself quite yet, like I don't trust me, then you set your goal on Maintain and keep logging in your food and exercise. If you think you have learned enough to get by, then set your goal to maintain to get idea on how many calories to eat a day and enjoy your life.

Pretty simple really. I have also continue to exercise regularly and keep fitness goals in mind so I don't end up putting the weight back on.
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, I joined today and am surprised by the high calorie goals set. I am 67kg and sedentary but have just started power walking for 45 minutes per day. I want to lose 10kg overall (am 5ft 2) but even 5kg would make a huge difference to me. Thing is, I have been set a daiily calorie intake of 3,770! If I ate that many calories in a day I would be like a little michelin woman. I must have entered something wrong somewhere. Can anyone help please?
  • hi walk women , what did u set you activties to ? mine are mod active
    also check your size , i put mine in first time wrong and got a huge amount of callories to eat
  • thanks Chenoachem, never knew there was a maintain , ill check it out
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    I was struggling with this same question and haven't found THE answer yet, but it might help if you set yourself another goal. For instance, I am running a 5k in a couple of weeks and I want to try for a 10k in the fall. Or, another person on here suggested to me that you can get your body fat measured and make that a goal.

Just keep going and don't slack off once you get to your goal! Congrats on making it so far!!! Make sure you celebrate your success! :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    im a few pounds from my goal , but what do i do when i get there ? my goal is 140lb , im 143 , how do i maintain it ? eat more i guess but how much more, im on 1200 at mo
    You may want to get started preparing now. What is your weekly loss goal set at? If you are at 2 pounds per week you may want to change it to 1.5 pounds this week, 1.0 pounds next week then to 0.5 the third week until you reach your goal weight then change to maintain once there. This will allow your body to get use to an increase in calories over time instead of a large jump once you hit your goal.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Hi, I joined today and am surprised by the high calorie goals set. I am 67kg and sedentary but have just started power walking for 45 minutes per day. I want to lose 10kg overall (am 5ft 2) but even 5kg would make a huge difference to me. Thing is, I have been set a daiily calorie intake of 3,770! If I ate that many calories in a day I would be like a little michelin woman. I must have entered something wrong somewhere. Can anyone help please?

Hi walkwoman
    go to your settings and switch to metric
    go back in and reset your goals

this always happens when people switch to metric half way through setting their goals, on the goals page itself. it's just a quirk of the system.

you'll find it has your height in FEET down as your height in METRES (eg 5 metres something)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

There must be a mistake with your entry. Like you entered your weight in pounds 141 under the KG's. at your weight your maintenance cals should be around 1800 or so, and if you are looking at loosing weight they would be even lower
  • aquallama22
    aquallama22 Posts: 6 Member
    Go under settings and change your weight loss goal to "maintain current weight", it will then give you the cal count you can eat to not gain or lose. :)
  • WalkWoman
    WalkWoman Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks. Went back and checked. My height was in at 16 ft 2 (yes 16 ft). New calorie target is 1200. Major difference!
This discussion has been closed.