Vitamins & Supplements....How many?

Options
Rum_Runner
Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
So as I went through my morning routine of "popping pills" I got to wondering how many is the norm or average people take in one day. Not counting prescription meds...How many vitamins and supplements to you swallow each day?

Me: 5 on a daily basis and 2x per week 8

Replies

• CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    multi every day.. fish oil 2 -3 times a week. and magnesium but now that you say this i really dont know why lol, maybe i should stop that one when the botttle is gone
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    7 per day........ every day. Plus my 3 Rx meds.
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I take one pill (joint supp) per day...... I don't really like to swallow pills, so I have gummy vitamins. :)
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I used to take a bunch - but I stopped. I'm healthy. I eat well.... Now, I only take fish oil because of the increased cholesterol from all the meat I eat now and my allergy pill. There's a bunch of good stuff in my protein powder too so I know I'm getting a bunch of goodness there. :)
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I take one multi vitamin which also includes some minerals including zinc and iodine. My diet is fairly healthy whole foods so I'm not sure I need anything else :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    One multi and fish oil. That's it. Most other "supplements" only attribute to about 1% of your overall fitness and weight loss. The other 99% is from your diet and exercise regimen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I take three, just once a day. A Calcium/Zinc/Magnesium w/ vitamin D supplement, a B vitamin complex w/ vitamin C and folic acid and vitamin E.

First one for strong bones, teeth and immune support. Second and third ones I take are for improved metabolic functions, skin, nails and hair.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    A prenatal vitamin, and some Rx meds. I wanted the iron and most multis that I found did not have it.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Fish oil
    multivitamin
    vitamin d
    lysine
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin, vitamin C(at least now cause of the cold weather and colds) and B complex-which I think I'll stop after this bottle. I don't like the taste and they haven't done anything different