so y am i gaining?

Options
ever since i joined here and i see people making room for a small desert in their daily macros and daily intake! and they lost weight! so being a sweet tooth freak! i started 2 weeks having a lolipop pair day! (23 calories) i gained after 5 days 1 lb! despite the fact that iam working out 5x pair week! and the last couple of days have been insane! i have been having icecream cravings! and i ate icecream! 3 days in a row! (which fits my daily intake!) i know what iam doing is crazy! but y am i gaining? i thought it was possible to have something daily! if it fits ur macros! and i gained another lb! so plz someone help !

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    People are going to want to see your diary.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    People are going to want to see your diary.

opened it!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you're diary is accurate, you're eating less than 1000 calories on most days and skipping meals. I don't think the lollipop is what you need to worry about. Eat more and actually hit your macros.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If you're diary is accurate, you're eating less than 1000 calories on most days and skipping meals. I don't think the lollipop is what you need to worry about. Eat more and actually hit your macros.

This
  • FattiestPuff
    Options
    What are macros?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It's 1 day... you're not gaining or losing anything in 1 days. Body weight commonly fluctuates by 5lbs or more daily. Be more patient.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

Yeah, this. The lollipop is not your problem You need more calories, especially since you are working out.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Skipping meals....
    Lot's of fruit ...little veggies.
    Too little protien.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    Woah.. you gotta eat WAY more girl
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You deffinatly need to eat more. I use to eat like you and my body just held onto the fat. I upped my calories and strated to loose again and I had way more energy and felt better too. Dont be scared to eat.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    You deffinatly need to eat more. I use to eat like you and my body just held onto the fat. I upped my calories and strated to loose again and I had way more energy and felt better too. Dont be scared to eat.

so how many calories are u eating now?
  • estoney14
    estoney14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When you restrict your calories on an extreme level for more than a couple of days, your body goes into starvation mode. It was a way for our bodies to survive through famines back when food was not plentiful. When your body senses that it isn't receiving enough calories to function on a basic level, it begins holding on to the energy stores much more fiercely.

You are also burning a lot during your workouts. I'm studying to be a group fitness instructor and one of the most important things we learn about is proper fueling for an athlete. Here is what I suggest...after a moderate to difficult workout, have a protein shake mixed with unsweetened milk. Have this within 30 minutes of working out. It helps your body recover faster, and it replaces some of the lost nutrients immediately. So, you're thinking, 'But I just burned calories off, why would I want to put more in?" Because studies have proven that when you put protein and complex carbohydrates into your system immediately after a workout, your lean muscle mass increases and your fat levels decrease faster. You will actually lose more if you do this one simple thing. And please, please, please, eat more calories. Hit your goal number so that your body doesn't think it's starving. Lose the weight in a healthy way, and it will stay off longer. Good luck :)
  • Yaxomoxay
    Yaxomoxay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do not eat less than 1500 calories.
    Get a some protein, use egg substitute, maybe a protein shake/smoothie.

You are starving, so you won't lose weight.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

so how many calories are u eating now?

IF you're confused on how many calories you should eat, start here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

If you want to stick with MFP calculations (lots of people consider them too low, but usually because users are overambitious with how fast they want to lose) then you need to eat every calorie they give you AND every calorie you burn.
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Because your eating so few calories and exercising like mad without eating the calories you need to burn off fat, your body is pretty much in starvation mode. It keeps the food you eat so it has the energy to burn when you exercise, but in that way it doesnt lose weight but gains it.

You need to eat the recommended calories it gives you. Its def not the lollipop, its your eating habits. Eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, maybe even a bedtime snack of something healthy, or a snack between each of your main meals if you still have calories to burn. Your body needs those calories for your exercising to help you lose weight otherwise starvation mode kicks in and you might end up just gaining more.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    When you restrict your calories on an extreme level for more than a couple of days, your body goes into starvation mode. It was a way for our bodies to survive through famines back when food was not plentiful. When your body senses that it isn't receiving enough calories to function on a basic level, it begins holding on to the energy stores much more fiercely.

You are also burning a lot during your workouts. I'm studying to be a group fitness instructor and one of the most important things we learn about is proper fueling for an athlete. Here is what I suggest...after a moderate to difficult workout, have a protein shake mixed with unsweetened milk. Have this within 30 minutes of working out. It helps your body recover faster, and it replaces some of the lost nutrients immediately. So, you're thinking, 'But I just burned calories off, why would I want to put more in?" Because studies have proven that when you put protein and complex carbohydrates into your system immediately after a workout, your lean muscle mass increases and your fat levels decrease faster. You will actually lose more if you do this one simple thing. And please, please, please, eat more calories. Hit your goal number so that your body doesn't think it's starving. Lose the weight in a healthy way, and it will stay off longer. Good luck :)

thx sooo much hun!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Eating too little combined with too many carbs (aka sugar). Yeah, real winning combination. Been there, did that, didn't work; except to get sicker and fatter. But since everything is just calories in and calories out according to many MFP expert members, you should be losing like crazy.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Eating too little combined with too many carbs (aka sugar). Yeah, real winning combination. Been there, did that, didn't work; except to get sicker and fatter. But since everything is just calories in and calories out according to many MFP expert members, you should be losing like crazy.

well am not! this is y iam asking for help! i have been stuck on this weight for 2 month now! and now i gained more! this is just a pain in the *kitten*! i will start upping my calories! and see what happens! i will for start eat 1.300! and then add to that slowly till i get to 1.500 how does that sound?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates a lot for me over days. I never weigh anymore. I measure/take pictures - anything BUT weigh. Having said that, you are netting below 1000 calories some days. When you get this low, some people find their weight loss stops. Figure your TDEE, BMR and see what you should be eating to fuel your body. Once you do that, your body will usually get on board.

Helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12