30 DS Level 2.... respect!

Options
I've just started Level 2 of the 30 DS. I thought it wasn't going to be that hard since I've completed 10 days of Level 1. Oh how wrong I was.
So, whoever actually finished this whole 30 DS I have nothing but RESPECT for you.
Maybe it was due to little food intake or too tired from college (lol, excuses), but the intense plank positions + leg moving at the same time, and planks+leg twist and everything done in plank positions were so difficult I was going to die, even turned purple when I saw the mirror. I did finish day 1 on level 2, yay me.

Any tips on....... not becoming dizzy?
I really hope to finish all 3 levels! :/

Replies

• jainew94
    Options
    I've just started Level 2 of the 30 DS. I thought it wasn't going to be that hard since I've completed 10 days of Level 1. Oh how wrong I was.
    So, whoever actually finished this whole 30 DS I have nothing but RESPECT for you.
    Maybe it was due to little food intake or too tired from college (lol, excuses), but the intense plank positions + leg moving at the same time, and planks+leg twist and everything done in plank positions were so difficult I was going to die, even turned purple when I saw the mirror. I did finish day 1 on level 2, yay me.

i am also doing the 30DS :)
    completed level 1 on day 7 and now am doing the level 2!
    i am on day 11, and tonight i am going to attempt level 1 & 2 together with one break!
    i actually found level 1 more difficult than 2, just because i think i was very unfit when starting?

ive never felt dizzy when doing the workouts, just really "puffed out".. i going that if i followed the breathing exercises that Jillian suggests it does become easier..
    day 1-5 was the most difficult for me but now am enjoying the workouts :)
    feel free to add ect! don't give up.

also; I've been following Anita on most of the exercises!!
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just give it time! It took me five days of Level 2 before I could do all the exercises. By day 10, I was no longer modifying. I stayed on Level 2 for 2 weeks. Level 3 is even worse! Ha.
  • fiddlefiddle19
    Options
    Thank u! I am going to be on my day 4 for Level 2 today. Still hate the plank position, upped my calorie intake and now I just turn red after the workout, lol, not purple! :D

How's level 3 like? I haven't got the video yet!
  • fiddlefiddle19
    Options

i am also doing the 30DS :)
    completed level 1 on day 7 and now am doing the level 2!
    i am on day 11, and tonight i am going to attempt level 1 & 2 together with one break!
    i actually found level 1 more difficult than 2, just because i think i was very unfit when starting?

ive never felt dizzy when doing the workouts, just really "puffed out".. i going that if i followed the breathing exercises that Jillian suggests it does become easier..
    day 1-5 was the most difficult for me but now am enjoying the workouts :)
    feel free to add ect! don't give up.

also; I've been following Anita on most of the exercises!!

I've been following Anita too! I mean, I kinda want her body instead of Natalie's lol! I'm going to find those breathing exercise! :D Thank youu
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I felt really sick after day one of level 2! Managed level one nearly every day with some effort but very little soreness and was so pleased with my strength improvements. I'm only managing level 2 every other day because I'm so scared to do it! It is getting a bit easier, but still, OMG! Jillian is a masochist!

Have lost 2 inches off my waist already though, hoping for a similar result after level 2 as it is such a core focused routine!
    Good luck everyone!
  • feistymoon
    Options
    Level 2 was hard for me the first time I did it. Now it's fine to do by itself. I've tried running 1 and 2 together too at times, and it's manageable. Haven't had the courage to run 2 and 3 into one session though- I fear it would kill me!!
  • fiddlefiddle19
    Options
    I felt really sick after day one of level 2! Managed level one nearly every day with some effort but very little soreness and was so pleased with my strength improvements. I'm only managing level 2 every other day because I'm so scared to do it! It is getting a bit easier, but still, OMG! Jillian is a masochist!

Have lost 2 inches off my waist already though, hoping for a similar result after level 2 as it is such a core focused routine!
    Good luck everyone!

I totally agree with you on Jillian being a masochist. Lol, sometimes I feel like telling her to shut up while I struggle to do the knee kick+ weights.
    I havent measured myself but hopefully my thighs get smaller after I'm done with the whole course
  • fiddlefiddle19
    Options
    Level 2 was hard for me the first time I did it. Now it's fine to do by itself. I've tried running 1 and 2 together too at times, and it's manageable. Haven't had the courage to run 2 and 3 into one session though- I fear it would kill me!!

Wow! I don't think I can do that......yet. Is level 3 that bad? Lol, I must admit I'm kinda scared. haha
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I heard level 2 is the hardest , and level 3 isnt as bad
  • RobinRenee83
    RobinRenee83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Level 2 was a BEAST!! I cursed. I screamed. I threw things in the vicinity of the tv. I hated it every...single...day. BUT, I made it. Don't give up! It took 5-6 days of Level 2 before I could adapt to the new torture she was giving me. The good news is, Level 3 was a bit easier for me.

Also, it helped me to eat about an hour (sometimes more) before I worked out. If I hadn't ate much before I would get nauseous.
  • Mandybean88
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of Level 2 and starting to see improvements now. The hardest thing for me is literally just holding myself up with all the plank moves; I do enjoy them though. I find the high knees and oblique twists much better than the jumping jacks, jump rope cardio from Level 1. They're tough but fun and I can get through them.
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Level 2 and I am really starting to feel stronger. Two issues for me: I had some lower back pain with the ab exercise where you hold the weights up and lower your legs. I started keeping my hands tucked slightly under my hips to prevent my lower back from arching and I think this helps. Also, I have bad knees from long distance running so I do more of Anita's low-impact to keep from straining them. No question, my body still gets an incredible workout.

Isn't it an awesome feeling when you've hit the cool down? Stay hooked on that rush! Good luck to all the fellow 30 DS-ers!
  • feistymoon
    Options

Wow! I don't think I can do that......yet. Is level 3 that bad? Lol, I must admit I'm kinda scared. haha

Level 3 is more strength work in my opinion. My upper body strength is a bit poor to be honest- I think that's why I find it a bit more difficult. The jump work in level 3 was a killer for me the first few times.
  • TripLight
    TripLight Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only got dizzy on the last plank, the blood rush from sitting up from that plank is what caused it though. Try more water or maybe a protein shake before hand.
  • amsllqn
    amsllqn Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are going to run 2 levels in one day, i would suggest doing level 2 or 3 first and then level 1 last.
    levels 2 and 3 are more cardio/resistance while level 1 (while still difficult) is more steady movement with weights.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can, keep at it. When I did 30 DS, I thought I was going to die, I was soooo unfit. Doing that workout really increased my fitness level.