Least Favourite Exercise?

Options
There is that one exercise which we all hate with a passion & are generally weak at. Well this could be place where we let it out and perhaps get tips from other members.

I'll start with mine. I ABSOLUTELY HATE press ups I feel so embarrassed doing them on my knees whilst others around me just glide through them! And when I attempt to do one I just look like i'm dry humping the floor. Chest to the ground my *kitten* i'm pelvic thrusting like a champ and I don't know why!

I also have a love hate relationship with burpees

Replies

• dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There is that one exercise which we all hate with a passion & are generally weak at. Well this could be place where we let it out and perhaps get tips from other members.

I'll start with mine. I ABSOLUTELY HATE press ups I feel so embarrassed doing them on my knees whilst others around me just glide through them! And when I attempt to do one I just look like i'm dry humping the floor. Chest to the ground my *kitten* i'm pelvic thrusting like a champ and I don't know why!

I also have a love hate relationship with burpees

Agree on the burpees, but my relationship is more hate/hate. :)

Turkish get-ups are brutal, but I love the accomplishment of doing a set with an 8Kg weight, so I guess that makes it a love/hate relationship for me.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    burpees! I think most people will say that.

I used to hate lunges but love my results so i don't mind the burn and difficulty of them!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I HATE squats. I can do them fine, but there is no other lift or exercise that makes me feel so close to death. But when I'm done I feel like the king of the freakin world.

Edited to add: Only thing worse is barbell lunges immediately following squats. Which is how my morning started today at 4:30am. I'll feel it tomorrow
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Push-ups.
  • tolae2006
    tolae2006 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Push ups
  • walklikeaduck
    Options
    squats
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Push-ups!
  • Katjuly1967
    Options
    Back extensions!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    mt climbers
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges. They seem to put a LOT of strain on my knees. I want to find something else to work the same muscles, to get them a little stronger, then maybe the lunges wouldn't strain my knees so much
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Crunches. Gosh dang, is there ANY exercise more boring than that? Well, maybe running. I loathe running too. I finally got rid of the crunches in my routine and now I do planks, or flutter kicks.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian squats. I have this fear that I'll topple over in front of everyone.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    this is easy .....PULL UPS!!! SO DAMN HARD..
  • moncheree86
    moncheree86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hanging leg raises... i had my appendix removed when i as 16 and it was the only surgery i have ever had and unfortunately they actually HAD to cut me open!! As, a result there is like nerve damage or something in my lower right quadrant of my abs and it hurts when i do them!! Can't argue with results though.
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate BURPEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    PULL UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Dead lifts, I can never tell if I'm doing them right or with enough weight. They make me feel like a newbie.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Lunges are my least fav and truthfully haven't tried a burpee yet, not sure I could a full one (my newest personal goal is 10 burpee's in a row)
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Planks!
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say push-ups. I still can't get myself motivated to do a full push-up.