Intro

Options
Hi, I guess I am new, I have been using MyFitnessPal for 8 days and have lost an alarming 5 lbs. Which I hope is good and not dangerous. I have been following the target caloric intake and falling short of the caloric goal by usually 150 to 250 calories each day, I have however exceeded the weekly taget caolries burned by double and minutes by almost double. So I am eating healthy and regularly. I have noticed that even if I dont eat an also healthy meal that it is still possible to stay within the targeted daily calories. I did some looking at the diary settings and set the tracker to track sodium and was shocked to find that I was exceeding the recommended sodium intake by more than double. Hmmm. I hope I have discouraged anyone by progress, we are all different and possess different motivators and different body types. I started out with MFP becuase I wanted to loose about 15 - 20 lbs. I am a male 42 yrs old I was 187 ilbs when I got concerned about my weight and 182 lbs when I started MFP.

I have learned that counting calories is good, I have limited my alcohol intake to keep within my targeted caloric intake, Cardio is good, even if it is only brisk walking for 30 minutes. Pancakes for breakfast with whole milk is BAD. I average 30 minutes of cardio everyday, most days 45 minutes and I have found that a nap in the afternoon, prior to dinner seems to be somewhat of a good strategy, and then excercising before dinner so that I am eating a nice meal late enough so that I do not want to munch a lot before bed. I would be interested if any of you were to see my foods that I am eating what your opinions might be. i will try to share it. Nothing to hide. Good luck to everyone

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal pancakes with turkey bacon and skim milk for breakfast on the weekends. Once your tastebuds change enough (mine have had almost 4 months to transition) it tastes the same and is way healthier and keeps you full!

I found that a lot of processed food (ESPECIALLY fast food) is high in sodium. I've made "healthier" switches at fast food restaurants to make lower calorie/lower sodium choices, but nothing beats home made where I have complete control over what and how much I use to make my meals. That's something I started to realize a few weeks ago and it's definitely helping. Also lets me eat more ;)

I looked at your food diary and you seem to be doing great on food choices! Just make sure you eat your daily calories and eat at least some of your workout calories to give your body enough fuel to burn when working out. Great job!

Just remember to keep your sodium low, drink at least half your body weight in ounces every day, exercise and make smart food choices and you'll continue to do well. Good luck!
  • tthrasher34
    Options
    Thanks, how do you get the "lbs to go" badge on your post, I can't seem to figure it out