New male 34 just starting the long road ahead

Options
Hi,

I'm male, 34 and am starting the road to (hopefully) a better, thinner and healthier me. I've never been exactly thin, but never have I been as big as I am now.

I managed to stop smoking over a year ago, but when my brother died I piled on the pounds. Realising now that life is too short not to get the most out it, I determined to back get in shape and be more active and happier with myself.

I have extremely long hair and play guitar....so it's about time I started to look more like the lead guitarist...and less like the roadie! (no offence to any roadies out there!)

I could use all the encouragement I can get, but equally would like to help others who are trying to do the same if I can. I have never joined a site like this before and certainly never posted anything like this before...but maybe opening up for once (pretty hard for guy to do I can assure you) might help.

Best of luck to everyone

Replies

• Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm Tiffany...pretty new myself, this is my 3rd week!! Add me if you like!!
  • WorkingonmeAliG
    WorkingonmeAliG Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marcus! Feel free to add me if you like. I am a personal trainer and coach who is struggling with keeping weight off. I need accountability and support and love to do the same for others. I'm 50, married for 31 years, have 5 kids and 8 grand kids. I am a national competitor in a sport called hydrofoiling and I love music so your post piqued my interest. Again, welcome!
  • gillybeanz74
    gillybeanz74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Yes 2013 is the year to get healthier.. I am fairly new to this site. LOVE it!! Add me if you like. And congrats on taking the first step on getting a new you. It sure is hard work but the rewards are so worth it!!
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to this site within the last 10 days or so and I have found it very helpful!! The support, encouragement and motivation that we are able to give and receive has really helped me so far. Good Luck in this journey!
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Swibbels01
    Swibbels01 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Friend request sent, and if anyone else wants, feel free to add me
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to this site within the last 10 days or so and I have found it very helpful!! The support, encouragement and motivation that we are able to give and receive has really helped me so far. Good Luck in this journey!
    Feel free to add me as a friend!

Yes Marcus....if you need motivation this chick is the one to follow....her workouts are crazy dedicated!!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome! THe journey is what you want it to be...awesome for me! If you want encouragement, its here!
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Opening up is a good first start = ] We're all here for the same reason..and are all here to support you! Feel free to add me, good luck with your journey!
  • Marcusin3d
    Marcusin3d Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! (to you and everyone that has replied!).

I have honestly been taken back by how supportive everyone is here. I hope I can do the same!
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    Welcome. I've sent you a friend request and if anyone else wants they can add me as well.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too (joined about 2 weeks ago). Great supportive community!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've sent a friend request & if anyone would like to add me, feel free to do so! We all need some support & encouragement now & then!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am fairly new also 3 weeks and this site is like a big family rooting you on anyone can add me the more support the better
  • Marcusin3d
    Marcusin3d Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am fairly new also 3 weeks and this site is like a big family rooting you on anyone can add me the more support the better

I starting to realise this already! Thanks!
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, like many others I am pretty new here my first true week... well I apparently joined some time in 2012 but don't remember doing so lol

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Feel free to add me, happy to share your journey.
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome~!
  • gonetonh30
    Options
    Welcome Marc
    I as well quit smoking and dieted at the same time i stopped 3 years ago and lost 56 pounds. Although i gained back 25 that is why i'm here now . MFP really seams to work. Good Luck !!
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP,

This site is great for inspration, since joining my fitness has improved loads and it's definately down to the guys on here. They can give your praise when you do well and also they can give you the kick up the *kitten* when you can't be bothered! lol

Please feel free to add me

J
  • MelSeaux
    MelSeaux Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Been here off and on for quite some time. Just logged back on for the first time in months... Maybe this time I'll reach my goal. Feel free to add me.
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. :) This is such a great, supportive site. It's really helping me to be more accountable with my eating and exercise. Feel free to add me.